WWII version of the Republic A-10

Here is my recently finished 1/48 scale Hasegawa Hs 129B-2.

Paints used were Aeromaster enamels for the uppersurfaces and Model Master enamels for the lower surfaces and yellow tactical markings. The kits decals were not that good looking so I used the Hs 129 sheet from EagleCals instead.

On to the pics...

397915473.jpg

397915480.jpg

397915479.jpg

397915478.jpg

397915474.jpg

397918256.jpg

397918255.jpg

397918253.jpg

397918251.jpg

Matrixone

Sweet she looks nice

But is it just me or is the fuselage shape make you think about the F-117 or black bird kinda like oh it starts thin then goes fatter on the bottom but in a bell shape?

OK maybe its just me

Reading the thread title, I half-expected an olive-drab-over-grey or even BMF A-10 with D-Day stripes and great nose-art! :woot.gif:

But this is also pretty cool. Stellar work as usual! :worship:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Reading the thread title, I half-expected an olive-drab-over-grey or even BMF A-10 with D-Day stripes and great nose-art! :woot.gif:

But this is also pretty cool. Stellar work as usual! :worship:

That is a great idea! Hmmmmm

Another stunning plane with more stunning photography. Excellent job M!

Thanks guys!

Neo,

The Hs 129 fuselage was sloped inward towards the top, it was designed to make the aircraft harder to hit from the ground and if it was hit the sloped fuselage sides might deflect the bullets. Also the fuselage was VERY narrow with the cockpit surrounded by armor plating, some of the engine instruments had to be placed on the nacelles because there was simply no room inside! Ditto for the gunsight.

chuk,

Yep, thats the Me 310 in the background...one of the least modelled wartime Messerschmitt aircraft. I hope Tamiya or Hasegawa will kit this one someday. lol

Matrixone

Thanks Richard!

I think the German design might be slightly older than the Beaufighter. One reason you might not have seen this aircraft before is because it was used mostly on the Russian front and a few in the MTO, there were not a lot of these things made.

Matrixone