Time for something different!

A Draken! :D

I have 4 in my stash with varied ammounts of goodies...I have a plan for all of them. This, however will only have a few aftermarket stuff in it.

Moving on to the presentation :D

I love the boxart!

IMG_4106.jpg

And the extras consists of a bang seat, air scoops and turned pitot tubes.

IMG_4107.jpg

Not the usual legio of parts tho when you open the box... and an absolute lack of weapons what so ever!

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

This I like tho... nice of gawa to protect the air inlets :D

IMG_4110.jpg

Finally a clear sprue and decals :D

IMG_4112.jpg

I wish Gawa at least would have made the Falcon missiles, the AIM-26B not the AIM-4, for the Draken since they don´t exist in any weapon set.

Oh well...

Next my usual impaling of plastic parts on toothpics :D

IMG_4114.jpg

I´d say we´re ready for primer now!

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore

Hi Aigore (or Janne),

Do you sleep at all??? Just yesterday it was still the Harrier and now the Draken. But of course I know that you girls don’t need that much sleep . . . :D :) :D

All the best for the Draken project!

Best regards

Gabor

Thanx for the hint Paolo, see about finding a few of them then :D

Thanx Gabor :D

Sleep? is that necessary? :P Well I gotta do something in the eveningd when my baby´s asleep and my gf is working...glaring at the TV is only so fun :D

Hi Aigore (or Janne),

Do you sleep at all??? Just yesterday it was still the Harrier and now the Draken. But of course I know that you girls don't need that much sleep . . . :D :) :D

Machines don't need to sleep, and of course, Janne is just a model building machine, so he can crank them out relentlessly!

smiley-whacky034.gif

Edited by blunce

Machines don't need to sleep, and of course, Janne is just a model building machine, so he can crank them out relentlessly!

smiley-whacky034.gif

So is it a HE or SHE??? :D I would say lets have a poll, which one would we rather prefer, Janne as a He or a She? It is far more interesting (as our US friends can confirm) if Janne is a She. And who cares then how many kits She is turning out with no sleep. She can have as many as She likes just as long as it is from a female author!!!!! :) :) :D :D :) :)

OK enough of this male talk and lets see that Draken. (Is the Draken male or female??? :D )

Best regards

Gabor

Well, in german language, a dragon is male. But such kind of dragons are fossils already. Nowadays, once you are married, you have a dragon in your house (and it is female). Hahaha!!

Oh I just didn´t feel like doing a huge project like the VIggen right now...that´s at least a 3 month build. Right now I like them quick and easy for a while :D

I usually just do one or two big projects a year the rest are OOB or close to.

35539 has been the one and only Draken painted with the same colours of the Viggen.

Draken knights were so proud of their mounting they didn't want to share anything with other fighter pilots, neither the paint.

So beware the two grays used on 35339 will not fit any other J35J, a lighter shade and a different camouflage was used on the rest of the fleet. Also the shade of dark red used to paint the number 39 over the wings of this aiframe is unique to this one only a lighter fluorescent shade was adopted for the rest of the fleet.

Finally: most gray painted J35J have the number 10 (indicating the wing) on front fuselage painted in fluorescent red, no in yellow as 35539.

I'm sure Aigore knows the above but I'm writing for the non-Swedish.

Edited by Paolo Maglio

To add to Paolo,

35539 actually had both wing colors.... I don´t know when it had it´s nose cone changed tho but it´s changed on both sets of pics I have...both on the one with a yellow wing number and red wing number

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sweden---Air/Saab-J35J-Draken/1175999/&sid=d5bcc807d5d60f782e3db7a4ffc0be5e

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/143/f15e751edd9e4da6a42d7d00ba23cb5e/l.jpg

In both pictures it looks like it has a freshly painted nosecone from another aircraft...the cammo doesn´t line up with the fuselage colors.

Jättekul, J-35 er en snygg maskin. :D

I've done a cupple of these, both the J-35 and the RF-35. Nice kit and with a few extras a helluva kit. The kit cocpit sucks but I've used Aires offerings in one of mine and it fit nicely and raised the quality noteably.

Wish they could send both the Draken and Viggen to the Airshow in Bodø this summer. Gripen will be there aswell as the J-29.. You know if the Draken and Viggen will be in any show in Sweden this coming season ?? Shoot me a PM :)

Sorry for taking over your post, the Draken i am building is from F 10 Wing Angelholm with either 50 or 5,0 on the tail.

All the remaining Drakens flew from F10 in the 90´s

Don´t be..there´s Draken scattered all over Sweden used as fire drill objets, they built almost 700 of the Draken so they´re bound to have some use still :D

Jättekul, J-35 er en snygg maskin. :D

I've done a cupple of these, both the J-35 and the RF-35. Nice kit and with a few extras a helluva kit. The kit cocpit sucks but I've used Aires offerings in one of mine and it fit nicely and raised the quality noteably.

Wish they could send both the Draken and Viggen to the Airshow in Bodø this summer. Gripen will be there aswell as the J-29.. You know if the Draken and Viggen will be in any show in Sweden this coming season ?? Shoot me a PM :)

This would be the best bet: 2012-06-02 - 06-03 Linköping, Malmen : Flygdag, Svenskt militärflyg 100 år

That´s the day after Bodö tho....

here´s a link to the events this year : http://forum.soldf.com/index.php?/topic/48807-officiella-flygdagstraaden-2012/

A slight update :P

Time to put a pitot tube into the tail! It´s the short tube from Maestro´s set.

IMG_4135.jpg

I cut the front off the top of the fin and then drilled a 0.5mm hole into it.

IMG_4137.jpg

Some cyano later I stuck the tube into place...looks niiiice :D

IMG_4138.jpg

After that I primed stuff with alclad primer...

IMG_4139.jpg

That´s it for today.... not much really, sorry.

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore