A Gathering of Flankers

Having just added a couple of the new Trumpeter Flankers to my collection, I thought I'd dig out all my recent builds and do a group photo.....

flank_57.jpg

It isn't easy getting them all in the same place at the same time.....what with operational commitments etc.... :rolleyes:

These eight recent builds add to my existing collection of 18 - built over the years...

flank_01.jpg

Individual photos of all of them are here

26 Flankers in total - and still loads to do...........

Obssesive ??? - Me ???? ... never...... :woot.gif:

Ken (with 3 more on the go and still to finish.....)

Ken,

Great collection, nice to see all the different paint variations.

Always liked this A/C and have only a couple of them... but then in 1/48 even a few kits take up a lot of space! (Mind you not as much space as 26 - 1/72 Flankers would)

Well done... now I've got to go find me another Flanker as some of those paint jobs were very inspiering.

Cheers, :cheers:

David

Awesome view of your skill Ken, I remember when I first saw your display it blew me away. The Su-33 naval Flanker is what got me into modeling, which I will at some point complete my first build of the Mig-29A. Thank you and all the other master modelers on this forum for sharing your skill sets.

Tonal :salute:

Congrats Ken. I'm always a sucker for a good collection portrait. I've never actually built an Su-27 (though I have done a Berkut and MiG-1.44 so I've been in the neighborhood). I've heard that the Trumpeter kit is the one to get - Do you concur?

How come KUB never managed to get into the group photos?

I dunno - I guess it was always away test flying when I got them all together in one place.... :rolleyes::whistle:

flank_53.jpg

I need to do another one - in full camo this time, with all the updates on it - maybe using the Hasegawa Su-33 and Trumpeter J-11B kits.....

flank_56.jpg

And you need to build T-10 Ken, to make it from "start to finish". :)

I purchased the Unicraft T10 some time ago - but it is such a dog of a kit, I got put off building it.

2454_l.jpg

I must re-visit it........ :deadhorse1:

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

I purchased the Unicraft T10 some time ago - but it is such a dog of a kit, I got put off building it.

2454_l.jpg

I must re-visit it........ :deadhorse1:

Ken

Ken feel free to click on this links to get some inspiration to start working on yours T-10 plane:

from first page-

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21675&start=0

you can go to last page -

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21675&start=90

This is very nice 1:72 T-10-1 in-progress work and pics by my Croatian countryman.

Edited by su27rules