Amazing German Airport Diorama

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive seen model railroad dioramas moving before, but I have never seen an airport dio complete with taking off and landing planes before. This is completely AWESOME!!! I'd like to see that in person. That's modeling to the extreme. I especially love the lights and aircraft strobes! SOOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a piece on this diorama on Discovery yesterday evening(How Do They Do It, Dutch version). Hugely impressive, but tour of what happens behind the scenes was even more impressive. The way each plane that took off is brought back in the diorama for example. Or the charging stations for the trucks and cars that run around in the diorama. Really awesome. Seems it's the childhood dream of twin brothers who went to a bank and got a million Euro loan to start the project.

Actually, it´s not a MUST SEE, but a MUST SEE SEVERAL TIMES! Because there are so many details and lovely little surprises, you won´t see them all in just one tour.

HAJO