Helicopter what ifs?

During a recent reply to a post, I came up with a what if- a CG DAP. That started my mind rolling about other helo what-ifs. I don't know if this idea has already been brought up, if so then ignore it- otherwise lets hear your ideas. I'll start:

1) CG DAP

2) A Sky Soldier Blackhawk

3) Not a what if, but a scheme long gone- Silver Eagle OH-6

4) This one is a little hokey- a NASCAR helo

During a recent reply to a post, I came up with a what if- a CG DAP. That started my mind rolling about other helo what-ifs. I don't know if this idea has already been brought up, if so then ignore it- otherwise lets hear your ideas. I'll start:

1) CG DAP

2) A Sky Soldier Blackhawk

3) Not a what if, but a scheme long gone- Silver Eagle OH-6

4) This one is a little hokey- a NASCAR helo

Well I made a TAH-66 in old Ft Rucker trainer colors a while back

V-22 in Vietnam livery ala the ACH-47

Firewatch Apache similar to the firewatch cobra

US Army Huey II- Oh how I wish that wasn't a WIF!

US Army AH-1W

Ray

That's a nice Comanche, Ray!

Here's a couple I want to do:

RAH-66 in the Keith Ferris winter camo scheme from the old Sikorsky LHX Av Week ads (I have a poster of that painting somewhere).

Since the Army was originally the lead service for the V-22, an AEFA/AQTD flight test V-22 in the OD/white VIP scheme with orange trim

An AH-1S(Mod)airspeed pacer in white and orange. We almost had one built up at AEFA, but AVSCOM grounded the airframe and took it out of the inventory (it later was supposed to go on a stick in front of our building)

There was a what if thread a few years back link and someone drew up a V-22 John Deere scheme for the forest service that I plan to make one day. Seems like the image I was looking for is gone, I think I still have printed copy.

Already have a number of decals for it to work using the Draw Decal S-2 Helmet Valley and USFS Cobra sheets.

Edited by Tank

I want to do a civil police OH-58D, which in 10-20 years might not be so what if.

That sounds cool! I may have to do that myself at some point... ;-)

I've done a couple of heli whifs over the years, including an RNZAF Defender (we've had HUNDREDS of civil 500s here over the years, so I thought it could work) and a British Army Air Corps Comanche. Currently I'm working on a Kitech 1/48 Airwolf kit as a South African home-brewed scout/attack heli called the Atlas Jakkal:

Jakkal03_zpsfc6d4d9a.jpg

a Comanche in 2-tone gray

I'm gonnna do one of the 1/72nd Italeri kits I've picked up dirt cheap as a Operation Telic Comanche AH.1 in Desert Pink with three white commando stripes.

Cheers,

Andre

I've been rounding up a few helos to make Hind surrogates for the US Army aggressor helos that were discussed in the late '80s. Some were to be given similar treatments to the Pumas used in the original "Red Dawn" except made to look like D's. Since only a very few designs were actually tested, I guess they'd be WhIfs. I've also got a couple of Sea Kings I'm going to paint in Hind schemes. As a Blue Thunder fan I've often thought of making a "Blue Thunder II" out of a Dauphin.

I've been rounding up a few helos to make Hind surrogates for the US Army aggressor helos that were discussed in the late '80s.

They were more than "discussed".

Sikorski 55 in drag:

p0503378.jpg

Cheers,

Andre

I just saw the current What if group build. Never participated in one before, but gives me a reason for a USCG MH-53R, a modified J/M for long range HITRON drug interdiction.