Trumpeter 1/32 A-6A

I see lots of issues in the decal sheet (typos like "KALKRAY" instead of "walkway"s, incorrect letter styles everywhere, etc.) I will get the kit as soon as the first batch is airlifted in; and post my observations of the actual plastic.

Kit decals

Edited by KursadA

I see lots of issues in the decal sheet (typos like "KALKRAY" instead of "walkway"s, incorrect letter styles everywhere, etc.) I will get the kit as soon as the first batch is airlifted in; and post my observations of the actual plastic.

Kit decals

That's why we have you!!!!!! :woot.gif:

For as much as I love the "Intruder" especially VA-35; that SRP is beyond ridiculous. With the obvious errors pointed out without it being nitpicking... How many corrections will this kit need....geeez!!!!. I was of the mind that some of the error pointing was jealousy..now I'm all ears and eyes, I'm checking all the threads and posts with the early comments. They can't all be wrong and necessarily sour grapes.

the same @%%&*! weapons as previous kits.

Jari

Well you get some GBU-15's for use with a 32nd Eagle, since you shouldn't use them on the A-6 :whistle: , or a Buff or, an F-111 in this scale should Tamiya, Revell, or Kinetic decide to do one :pray: . Now why in the name of good customer service should Trumpy go to the trouble to provide the correct weapons for any given kit, and make the kit buyers happy. By all that is sacred in profit grabbing and money grubbing that would be blasphemous!!; to give a person equal value for monies spent...INSANE!!! I tell you :coolio: .

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Does anyone really think that the selling price (other than at a brick and mortar store) is actually going to be $230? It will probably come in at around $175ish or so, and then later on there will be deals that will drop it even lower. It's still going to be a high price tag, but if anything it only borders on being unreasonable in this market. It has been stated for years that our hobby will go the way of model railroading. It is becoming a niche, thus very expensive, experience.

They asked for the SRP, not the street price Darren - folks will get wound up no matter what. Never mind the fact that in a couple of years you'll be picking these up for $100 at IPMS shows...

They asked for the SRP, not the street price Darren - folks will get wound up no matter what. Never mind the fact that in a couple of years you'll be picking these up for $100 at IPMS shows...

That's the thing. If you can wait and avoid the "gotta have it now" syndrome, which I admit can be very, very difficult to avoid, you'll get it for probably over half off.

Well I was going to wait until the Prowler came out, however I have just seen a set of the sprues in person at the Australian Model Expo.

I must say that I was that impressed, I will probably get the A model just to build it. It is nothing like the typical Trumpeter plastic we love to hate. The surface of the plastic had a slight satin hue that reminded me of the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire line of kits. There are panels that are super thing, with internal ribbing and detail, with no injection pin marks! Mentally comparing it to early large Trumpeter kits, like the A-10, this is streets ahead, an entire different generation of kit. Also much better than later releases such as the Super Hornets and Tomcats.

Smaller details like little access panels have very small crisp detail. The canopy also looked beautiful in its single piece as mentioned above.

I will be purchasing the kit once it comes online, having seen these sprues.

Big thanks to JB Wholesalers for the display and looksee.

Where the hell would one display it? I thought an A-6 was big in 1/48 the mind boggles at the size of 1/32!!

Thank god for the wing fold!!

BTW if im building one its going to be with the Dark Vader tail!

A6_Tail_Art_Darth_Vader_by_smaragdweiss.jpg

Mine was just delivered this morning. I snuck out of work to take a quick look - wow, there is lots of plastic here, much more than their biggest kit (F-117) I have seen since now. I don't have time until the evening to post more photos, but I will take the instructions with me back to work and take a detailed look. At first sight though, surface detailing seems to be very restrained and everything looks pretty good.

a6p1.jpg

a6p2.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Some highlights based on the instruction sheets:

-Very detailed cockpit

-Rear avionics bay can be built in the lowered position

-Full radar detail, radome can be built open

-Two full engines AND engine access panels that can be displayed in the open position: if you want to show the engines, you can.

4ke4br.jpg

-All control surfaces can be displayed in the deployed position

It seems to be a very competent effort, and I will examine the parts in more detail if I have time later today or tomorrow.

Edited by KursadA