KH 1/48 F-35C coming in July

Nope. Do the aftermarket tailfins fix the dihedral problem on the elevators?

That might be difficult being that the horizontal stab. and fuselage blend together in that area.

I've played with my F-35A and it would take rotating both sections (HS and fuselage area) in order to accomplish that.

I haven't taken a hard look at the resin parts yet. I didn't know if KASL reduced the dihedral on their parts when they released the aftermarket tails.

My comment about excessive dihedral was in reference to the HORIZONTAL tails, not VERTICAL (albeit canted) tails.

My "finely aged" :rolleyes: memory cells only recalled the KASL "tails" as including the vertical tails. I went back and looked at the review of their parts on this site and see it included horizontal tails as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has Kitty Hawk released the F-35C yet?

Has not showed up on Ebay; where two vendors (one from HK and one from US) with apparently close ties to Kitty Hawk usually offer their new kits within a few days of their release from the factory. I have an alert set up to let me know the minute it shows up, and it has not triggered yet.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

Are the horizontal tails still at the wrong angle? Are they supposed to be more parallel to the ground?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Judging from the above pics and my KH F-35A kit, the answer would be, "Yes, the dihedral is still angled a little too high".