Attention manufacturers

Would some manufacturer out there, Asian or otherwise, please produce and accurate model of the Sukhoi Su -15 Soviet interceptor in 1/48 th scale. Thank you in advance.We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. LOL

Out of curiosity, what are the issues with the trumpeter kits? TIA

It was done by the Trumpeter "F" team. There is literally no part of the model that's accurate - and I'm not exaggerating. It's at best a cartoon caricature of the Su-15.

I know I've had success (or incredible coincidences) in not wasting my time posting my wishes but gathering the references and making a pitch directly to companies. It seems that too few companies are willing to spend any time or money to do original research and rely on other means.

Regards,

Honestly, since Trumpeter has poisoned the well on the Su-15, I strongly suspect it's a non-starter for anyone else. That's the problem with manufacturers who have no clue what they're doing, putting out half-@##ed kits that are poorly (if at all) researched and poorly designed. Not naming any names, but if your company name rhymes with "Mumpeter" "Bobby Floss" or "Knitty Schmalk" you might be guilty of major well poisoning.

Honestly, since Trumpeter has poisoned the well on the Su-15, I strongly suspect it's a non-starter for anyone else. That's the problem with manufacturers who have no clue what they're doing, putting out half-@##ed kits that are poorly (if at all) researched and poorly designed. Not naming any names, but if your company name rhymes with "Mumpeter" "Bobby Floss" or "Knitty Schmalk" you might be guilty of major well poisoning.

It is not often that I say this, but this time ”I have agree with Jennings”! The only thing I would add is that the line of companies is a bit longer than that.

Best regards

Gabor

P.s. the Trump Su-15 family has little to do with the real thing apart from its name. Please, PLEASE PLEASE any company who wants to do this kit in the future, take the time and visit Moscow to see the real aircraft, but if you are afraid of the big Bear then a visit to Kosice museum in Slovakia would also yield a perfect Su-15TM (delivered as a present from the Ukraine). The cockpit is perfect even if there are no engines inside the airframe. Manufacturers please visit and see a real aircraft, study it, measure it (very important!), make your own scale plans (don’t rely on anything available in questionable publications) and base your kits on this materials! I know the research will have its costs but the end result will justify them!

Edited by ya-gabor

Sorry Gabor, sometimes all of these attentions is still not enough. just see what is happening with the new Me-109G6 of Eduard...

Sorry Gabor, sometimes all of these attentions is still not enough. just see what is happening with the new Me-109G6 of Eduard...

This is why I have mentioned: taking measurements, not using questionable scale plans!!!

Have a look in the interview with Stanislav Archman (lead designer of the Edu Me 109 G) that they have measured details and used plans from other sources.

Best regards

Gabor

When it first came out I remember the hype, on this very forum someone wrote that it generated interest like latest Tamiya releases.

And as always Trump Mr.Songed it.

Now, when B_Sin requested new Flagon kit, in next 10 years it will surely come out. Afterall, he is the one who made the same pressure on MiG-29 and GWH delivered.

So I am joining the request for new Su-15 kit!

P

Thanks for the support guys. I certainly hope we don't have to wait 10 years for a new one. With multiple manufacturer producing the same aircraft, I can't see why they wouldn't do this one, and do it right. If I'm not mistaken, There were more Su-15's produce by far then MiG-25's.

Brad

There were just short of 1300 Su-15s, and just short of 1200 MiG-25s built.

I hope I'm wrong and that we'll see a new, reasonably accurate 1/48 Su-15TM sometime in the not too distant future. I'm not holding my breath though. For that matter, I hope we see a new, reasonably accurate 1/48 MiG-25 family (and yes, I know about the Knitty Schmalk kit, hence my comment).

Edited by Jennings

Is it safe to say that "Knitty Schmalk" is going for quantity rather than quality, which is unfortunate? They have released several kits in a short amount of time, and all of them turned out to be subpar, to say the least.

Is it safe to say that "Knitty Schmalk" is going for quantity rather than quality, which is unfortunate? They have released several kits in a short amount of time, and all of them turned out to be subpar, to say the least.

The F-94 didn't attract much criticism. Is that simply because it attracted less attention?

Jon

'

Unfortunately I would have to agree... I had high hopes for Kitty hawk, but they have been turning out kits so fast lately... Some of them are just downright sloppy