Surprised to see Rodgers starting the 2nd half with that kind of lead. Don't know what these coaches are thinking.. That guy is the franchise. You clearly have the game wrapped up, why take even a small chance of him getting hurt? It's almost like they are more concerned with padding their stats rather than protecting their key personnel.

NE is famous for that. The Pats could be up by 30 points but they will keep Brady in the game until there is around 60 seconds left on the clock and then just maybe send in QB2 to run a couple of conservative running plays and burn up the last few seconds.

Makes no sense.

I can't figure that out either. Limit risk on these guys. You can see what happened to poor Carson Palmer, it doesn't make to end a season or a career.

Sanchez looked good last night, good to see the butt fumble can be at least partially forgotten. feels bad to be famous for something like that, and he seems keenly aware of it. I am also convinced the Jets are just QB poison. What is going on there?

I can't figure that out either. Limit risk on these guys. You can see what happened to poor Carson Palmer, it doesn't make to end a season or a career.

Sanchez looked good last night, good to see the butt fumble can be at least partially forgotten. feels bad to be famous for something like that, and he seems keenly aware of it. I am also convinced the Jets are just QB poison. What is going on there?

The Jets have been a circus when it comes to the QB. The last great QB they had was Joe Namath. Ryan's teams are all centered around the Defense. Geno Smith is just 22 and is already been thrown on the scape heap. Yes Vick had a great game, but he's not the answer to QB, Smith can be a solid QB if given the chance to mature. Sanchez days were numbered when they brought in Tebow. To this day no one can explain that disaster.

Joel

I read an article that insinuated that the Jet's "ruined" Sanchez. They took a guy that had incredible talent and never allowed him to develop. He was kept on a short leash by Rex and never had a chance to start running the offense independently. That worked out ok for the first few years when NY had a great o-line and receiver corp but as they gradually lost the key guys, it put more stress on Sanchez and he wasn't able to rise up to the new challenges.

I read an article that insinuated that the Jet's "ruined" Sanchez. They took a guy that had incredible talent and never allowed him to develop. He was kept on a short leash by Rex and never had a chance to start running the offense independently. That worked out ok for the first few years when NY had a great o-line and receiver corp but as they gradually lost the key guys, it put more stress on Sanchez and he wasn't able to rise up to the new challenges.

11bee,

That about sums up his career with the Jets. It's been a real circus, with the focus on defense.

Joel

The Jets have been a circus when it comes to the QB. The last great QB they had was Joe Namath. Ryan's teams are all centered around the Defense. Geno Smith is just 22 and is already been thrown on the scape heap. Yes Vick had a great game, but he's not the answer to QB, Smith can be a solid QB if given the chance to mature. Sanchez days were numbered when they brought in Tebow. To this day no one can explain that disaster.

Joel

I don't like Vick. I have no clue why they brought teebow in other than to create a circus. They never seemed serious about him playing.

I read an article that insinuated that the Jet's "ruined"

that summed it up nicely

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

I don't like Vick. I have no clue why they brought teebow in other than to create a circus. They never seemed serious about him playing.

Supposedly, [Vick] was brought in to mentor Gino, since they have a similar style, a signal caller who can run if needed, and should the regrettable happen he can be used until the starter returns. One begins to wonder Sanchez was called a failure, Tebow was a publicity stunt more or less, Geno/Gino was thought to be an answer. If you keep losing races, and it isn't the driver, it must be the car

Supposedly, [Vick] was brought in to mentor Gino, since they have a similar style, a signal caller who can run if needed, and should the regrettable happen he can be used until the starter returns. One begins to wonder Sanchez was called a failure, Tebow was a publicity stunt more or less, Geno/Gino was thought to be an answer. If you keep losing races, and it isn't the driver, it must be the car

In the case of this car, perhaps a engine change is needed. And in this case the engine is Rex.

Joel

Joel

Tebow was brought in to "prod" Sanchez to play better, nothing more. It failed.

Tebow is to blame for his decision. He had an opportunity to go to Jacksonville, but he chose NY.

Edited by Johnopfor

I'm starting to think that if Rex Ryan gets the axe from the Jets, it might also be time to give Rob Ryan the axe from New Orleans. It seems like Rob's defensive tactics seem to work for maybe one and a half to two years with a team before other teams adjust and blow up the defense. That is what I see happening here. Granted that doesn't explain the offensive struggles, but when things get ugly on the defensive side of the ball, it seems like the offense gets into trouble when they try too hard to bail the squad out. That doesn't let the Saints O off the hook though with the stupid turnovers (including one during the first drive of the game last week against SF).

Man, the NFC South is a train wreck this season... not necessarily due to bad playing of the teams, but just because the rest of the NFL has gotten so much better of late. We've got teams all with under .500 records fighting for the lead of the division! The AFC North has been a real sausage grinder to the NFC this season. So my gut feeling is that if it is an AFC North team that ends up beating the Broncos in the playoffs (even though I am hopeful the Chiefs will wrestle control over that division away from Denver), they should do just fine if they make it to the Superbowl (assuming the Patriots also get squashed in the process). The reason being is the NFC is just chewing itself up. Only Arizona seems to be executing a smooth breakaway, but at best that will only result in a first round bye. Once week two of the playoffs start, all bets are off as it looks like any NFC team with playoff potential can beat any other NFC team. So I have a feeling whomever ends up in the Superbowl on the NFC side is going to be a wildcard who nobody expected would get that far, just like the mid-90s when Dallas squeeked through and won it the year after Johnson left (giving Jerry Jones an even more inflated ego in the process).

All in all, a most satisfying football weekend. A team that claimed to be New England beat the crap out of Andy Luck and the Colts last night. They must have been imposters because the QB was pretty piss-poor and they won the game by running straight up the middle. I'll hold off on proclaiming this as example of NE beating an elite team. Colts are pretty much a mediocre team, with no D and a really good (not great) QB.

Regardless, given where NE was in the first few weeks of the season, I am pleasantly surprised about the way the team looks. Especially on D. They lost the two linchpins of their defense and instead of getting worse, their D is the strongest it's been in years. Say what you want about Belichick but you have to give him respect for the way he has kept this team on track. What could be the best game of the year will be in a couple weeks when the Pats go to Lambeau to play the Packers. If NE wins that one convincingly, I'll start thinking that they might be superbowl bound. Biggest thing they need to do for the rest of the year is stay healthy (especially Gronk) and win enough games to get homefield advantage in the playoffs.

On other notes:

It was great to see Denver fail yet again. Peyton is starting to look.... old. If those guys who got hurt yesterday are out for any appreciable amount of time (especially Sanders), Denver will be lucky to get a wildcard slot.

Also nice to see brother Eli throw 5 picks yesterday. I think the Giants need a new coach and a new QB. Eli has moments where he is sharp but then he regresses to the state he was in yesterday.

Great to see Seattle tank again. I'm starting to think that they are highly overrated. They've got STL and the 49ers coming up this month, if they can't beat those teams, their season doesn't look promising.

Sad to see Sanchez have such a crappy game against the Packers, I had hoped this game was going to be tight. Not sure if it's a reflection on Sanchez or more on the fact that the Packers are just a juggernaut lately.

Anyway, should hopefully be a good game tonight. Kind of a must win for Pittsburgh, hope the real Ben decides to show up.

Edited by 11bee
Great to see Seattle tank again. I'm starting to think that they are highly overrated. They've got STL and the 49ers coming up this month, if they can't beat those teams, their season doesn't look promising.

Nice to see hyperbole isn't in danger of going away! That was hardly a tank - they lost by four points to an excellent team with home field advantage. I'm not saying that it hasn't been a disappointing season as a Seahawks fan or that we don't have problems, but you got to give them credit for sticking in a hard-fought game.

Nice to see hyperbole isn't in danger of going away! That was hardly a tank - they lost by four points to an excellent team with home field advantage. I'm not saying that it hasn't been a disappointing season as a Seahawks fan or that we don't have problems, but you got to give them credit for sticking in a hard-fought game.

XVh0hUu.jpg

^Couldn't be reached for comment. You need to remember this is the same team that was loudly complaining that referees were rigging game because they were SOOOO GOOOD that the NFL was cheating to keep it interesting enough that people wouldn't change the channel, and that the NFL didn't want to do primetime home games for fear of a blowout.

If you think that level of ego gets forgotten when they start losing, especially when that rather talkative DB above suddenly refuses to speak when he used to preach down to us mere mortals, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas City to sell you.

Edit: he did give an interview my mistake

So No, you don't get credit for almost almost beating KC. Sorry.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

I wasn't asking for credit. I'm simply saying they didn't "tank." We lost; but it wasn't a blow out and it was a hard fought game on both sides.

Given the hype and ego from this team, anything besides a lopsided win is "tanking". You didn't beat the crap out of KC, therefore, you tanked.

It's sad to say, but we should know what Steelers team has shown up tonight within the first couple sets of downs by both teams <_< .

If the Titans score early I see the Steelers falling into the same tired and frustrating defensive pattern of "hey guys our defensive strategy isn't working right now...but we will stick to the game plan as it's bound to kick in at some point". I mean heaven forbid they actually AMEND the strategy to remedy what isn't working .

On the offensive side, if Ben tries to hatch the ball in the pocket like he did last week and like he has a bad habit of doing then he's going to get pounded and/or throw a couple turnovers. A mobile Big Ben is a good Ben :thumbsup: .

As a Steelers fan I hope the team we saw two weeks ago shows up. They obviously have the talent but lack the consistency. Consistency wins championships. That and a coach who kicks some a$$ on the sidelines when his highly paid players are underachieving. I miss coach Cowher...

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

Oh please; Richard Sherman is not the entire team. Try paying attention to what the other guys are saying and not him or the press.

Bottom line is that the team supports / encourages his behavior.

Don't want to get typecast like this? Reign in the mouth(s).

Oh please; Richard Sherman is not the entire team. Try paying attention to what the other guys are saying and not him or the press.

oh please right back:

Michael Bennett, on Seattle’s 13 penalties, via 710 ESPN Seattle:

“They ought to start selling the referee jerseys,” Bennett said. “Because the referees are getting more time than the players these days. The referees, they’re getting paid. Their jerseys are on sale so make sure you go on NFL.com and get a referee jersey.”

Earl Thomas, asked about the refereeing, via USA Today:

“The reason why we’re so up and down, sometimes the refs kind of get into it, and it kind of makes the game kinda feel weird…,” Thomas said. “I just think it’s ‘Monday Night Football,’ you know the fans are watching, and everybody wants to see a good game, so they’re gonna try to make it as close as possible. It’s a business.”

THATS FOR A GAME THEY WON^

Seahawks safety Earl Thomas was asked if he was surprised if the Rams’ fumble at the end of Seattle’s 28-26 loss wasn’t reviewed. It looked as if Sherman had recovered the fumble initially, but the Rams’ retained possession and ran out the clock.

“Yeah,” Thomas said. “At least give us a shot. But you know what? I’m not surprised with the referees this season. If you really look at some plays, we’re playing more than our opponents. We’re playing the referees too. I don’t care what anybody is saying. Something is wrong. That needs to be brought up.”

Thomas was asked if the refs gave the Seahawks an explanation. “There’s never an explanation,” he said. “It’s kind of crazy how football is turning out now. You give a guy, just because he wears a white and black shirt, he has authority of the game. Man, they need to stay out of it — that’s my key — and let us dominate.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/10/19/earl-thomas-were-playing-the-referees-too/

Now I've complained about the refs too, but I never went so far as to say they had it out for my team.

And thats not getting into the the 12th man's comments all over to anyone who would listen and Seattle Sports beat writers.

just for :deadhorse1:/>

1 September 4 5:30 p.m. PDT Green Bay Packers W 36–16 1–0 CenturyLink Field NBC Recap

2 September 14 1:05 p.m. PDT at San Diego Chargers L 21–30 1–1 Qualcomm Stadium Fox Recap

3 September 21 1:25 p.m. PDT Denver Broncos W 26–20 (OT) 2–1 CenturyLink Field CBS Recap

4 Bye

5 October 6 5:30 p.m. PDT at Washington Redskins W 27–17 3–1 FedEx Field ESPN[A] Recap

6 October 12 1:25 p.m. PDT Dallas Cowboys L 23–30 3–2 CenturyLink Field Fox Recap

7 October 19 10:00 a.m. PDT at St. Louis Rams L 26–28 3–3 Edward Jones Dome Fox Recap

8 October 26 10:00 a.m. PDT at Carolina Panthers W 13–9 4–3 Bank of America Stadium CBS Recap

9 November 2 1:25 p.m. PST Oakland Raiders W 30–24 5–3 CenturyLink Field CBS Recap

10 November 9 1:25 p.m. PST New York Giants W 38–17 6–3 CenturyLink Field Fox Recap

11 November 16 10:00 a.m. PST at Kansas City Chiefs L 20–24 6–4 Arrowhead Stadium Fox

They have beat 2 teams with a winning record so far. the other 4 victories are teams below 500 inlcuding the Raiders who havn't won yet.

contrasting that with a team that was blaming the refs, and complaining that they destroyed teams at home to the point where the NFL didn't want to schedule for them? and a fanbase declaring dynasty?

Give people ammo, get shot at.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

You give a guy, just because he wears a white and black shirt, he has authority of the game. Man, they need to stay out of it — that’s my key - and let us dominate

And this grammatically challenged sentence sums it all up, would you not agree?