:rolleyes:/>/>/>

"Fans" or "crowd" until they pay the licensing fees.

LOL

In return for acknowledgement of A&M's ownership rights to the 12th Man slogan, the Seahawks can use the phrase in promotions and fan activities in the Northwest. The team can continue its traditional raising of the 12th Man flag before games, and fans can still buy Seahawks jerseys and small flags with the No. 12 on them.

No money was involved in the settlement.

The Seahawks can essentially use the 12th Man anywhere, but the settlement restricts usage in radio and TV broadcasts without the use of a disclaimer that mentions that the slogan is a copyright of Texas A&M.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070705093732/http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002981166_hawk09.html

In other news, hospitals packed with people with lower extremity injuries after a series of jumps from the Patriots' band wagon. Lots of comments and sports chatter to help pass a boring day at work.

http://deadspin.com/dont-ask-bill-belichick-if-its-time-to-think-about-his-1640694471/all

If they really wanted to follow the "Patriot Way," they would rally around their star player with emotion and conviction; unite with one another against the enemy; and as a cohesive, team unit, toss Brady off the side of a ship.

stuck out to me.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/tom-brady-retire-new-england-patriots-suck

Seriously though, a part of one of many of Toms very generous contract cutbacks, to help the team next season he is getting some automatic pay bumps that the pats may decide they don't really want to pay.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

I assumed that was the head coach but had to google him as the raiders go through so many I bother to keep track. Have they found the next future-ex-raider's coach yet?

Did you read the post?

Ken

Did you read the post?

Ken

It was a joke :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anywho moving ON TO CINCINNATI:

Q: Your team has been successful for so long. How difficult is it to adjust to the adversity of Monday night's game and get back on track? This team and organization hasn't had these sort of issues in the past.

BB: We're on to Cincinnati.

Q: You mentioned Tom Brady's age at the draft –

Q: Do you think having a 37-year old –

BB: We're on to Cincinnati. It's nothing about the past, nothing about the future. Right now we're preparing for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think the talent you have here is good?

BB: We're getting ready for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think you've done enough to help Tom Brady?

BB: We're getting ready for Cincinnati. That's what we're doing.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-really-just-wants-to-talk-about-cincinna-1641294358/all

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

It was a joke :thumbsup:/> :thumbsup:/>

Anywho moving ON TO CINCINNATI:

Q: Your team has been successful for so long. How difficult is it to adjust to the adversity of Monday night's game and get back on track? This team and organization hasn't had these sort of issues in the past.

Q: You mentioned Tom Brady's age at the draft –

Q: Do you think having a 37-year old –

BB: We're on to Cincinnati. It's nothing about the past, nothing about the future. Right now we're preparing for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think the talent you have here is good?

BB: We're getting ready for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think you've done enough to help Tom Brady?

BB: We're getting ready for Cincinnati. That's what we're doing.

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-really-just-wants-to-talk-about-cincinna-1641294358/all

By the Hoodie's standards, those were lengthy, insightful replies. I caught one post-game news conference where he was intentionally clearing his nasal passages in front of the microphone. The amplified noise was simply awesome. Just Coach Bill's way of giving the middle finger to the press.

It's actually quite comical and the best part is, if he had won Monday's game, he'd have the same answers.

By the Hoodie's standards, those were lengthy, insightful replies. I caught one post-game news conference where he was intentionally clearing his nasal passages in front of the microphone. The amplified noise was simply awesome. Just Coach Bill's way of giving the middle finger to the press.

It's actually quite comical and the best part is, if he had won Monday's game, he'd have the same answers.

Yeah he is just like my dad when he is anywhere where he is uncomfortable. :sunrevolves: whats funny is he has done a wonderful job cowing the press. They pretty much have to wait for a huge disaster before they can work up the stones to even ask

Yeah he is just like my dad when he is anywhere where he is uncomfortable. :sunrevolves:/> whats funny is he has done a wonderful job cowing the press. They pretty much have to wait for a huge disaster before they can work up the stones to even ask

But that is the what makes Bill such a cool guy. I've got no love of the press (even the sporting press). Most of them are idiots, asking softball questions. It's quite entertaining to watch these guys get beaten down, to the point that they don't even try anymore.

Of course it was a bit more entertaining when the Pats were winning but I digress....

But that is the what makes Bill such a cool guy. I've got no love of the press (even the sporting press). Most of them are idiots, asking softball questions. It's quite entertaining to watch these guys get beaten down, to the point that they don't even try anymore.

Thats a good point.

If I walked by a "membeh of the bahston spahts media," from the greatest "spahts town der is" drowning I would probably watch peacefully while sipping my beverage. I just lulz at their cowardice though. Even when the pats get beat they treat it like someone farted at the dinner table "Lets just not mention it... and carry on. so Coach, how bout them Celtics?"

Dennis Allen is unemployed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403246/article/raiders-fire-dennis-allen-after-twoplus-seasons

People who haven't been paying attention may say it's the same ol' Raiders but this guy didn't have this team prepared for a game yet this season, and the farce in London Sunday on the international stage sealed the deal. The team got worse. And that was hard to do, as they've been mediocre to terrible for over a decade.

Ken

Well, considering most of the Wembley games are usually away team blowouts cos we keep getting home teams that are crap and need the revenue from a guaranteed sell-out, that game on Sunday was to be expected! I'm not complaining cos I had great fun booing the Raiders from the stands! Didn't know supporting the Dolphins for a day could be such good fun! If the Raiders coaching staff put in as much effort preparing for the game as some of their fans did they might get somewhere one day!

Next stop Falcons v Lions! First game I'll have been to where I'll actually be supporting the home team!

Edited by Tsubame

Patriots rebounded nicely tonight, although I don't think Cincy was the powerhouse some made it out to be. Dalton is average at best and they had a couple of key guys down.

Worst part is that those poor Bengals will be... movin' on to Cincinnati. My condolences guys.

On another note, it's sad how the NFL's showcase games (Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night) have pretty much all sucked this season.

Edited by 11bee

Patriots rebounded nicely tonight, although I don't think Cincy was the powerhouse some made it out to be. Dalton is average at best and they had a couple of key guys down.

Worst part is that those poor Bengals will be... movin' on to Cincinnati. My condolences guys.

On another note, it's sad how the NFL's showcase games (Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night) have pretty much all sucked this season.

I guess the pats just needed to get some fire in their belly.

I never thought I'd say this but - GO ROMO!

Finish these bums!

But why do I suspect that Tony will through a pick and the end and blow it?

Kudo's to Dallas. Great game, nice to see Seattle get beat up. Mediocre QB, mediocre coaching, Sherman getting smoked and the 12th Man starting to throw a few boo's at their own team. It's pretty much all good.

I haven't really followed Dallas this year, I'm impressed. Hope Romo can keep it together and not revert to his old self.

Considering the record(s?) Wilson set against the Redskins last week I don't see how you can say that.

Nah... Wilson is just RGIII with a better offensive line. Plus, those records would be just a bit more impressive if they weren't against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Honestly, I've got nothing personal against SEA, maybe it's just the same reason why some folks hate NE. They win (although NE is a bit lacking in that dept this year) and they are cocky. I liked them a bit more last year but now that they are the top dogs, not so much.

I am really hoping Seattle was at their best, and really gave it their all, that way the cowpokes will have beaten a great team at their best, and not beat them when they were having an off day, or playing with a complacent attitude, and had not taken Dallas seriously; either way I'll take the win, and keeping my fingers crossed they don't revert to mediocrity.