The antenna Ray has pointed with the red arrow its for a civilian base mount radio. Some El Salvador Hueys have them and have a Motorola commercial radio inside.

Dave, did 452 had this antenna? If so i forgot to put it.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

I got you covered, Dave. You guys probably don't realize it, but Dave has thousands of Huey photos he has taken that I am ever so slowly digitizing. Turns out 255 wasn't the only bird to get the roof antenna. Here is 255 and another bird as well. I assume it's the antenna I can see sticking up in the center of the roof, correct? Weird thing is the bottom bird does have the mount for the GPS antenna on the wire strike blade. Or am I looking at the wrong antenna?

Ray

Rosenthal%20set%2010-13_zpsb0xy4ekq.jpg

What's that platform thingy on 255? Is it a fire fighting tank with steps?

Ray, do you happen to have a closeup shot of the ALQ-144 installation setup on those hueys? Do you know their serial numbers?, im really into building one of those but i need to be sure first of this two details.

Thanks.

Rod.

Rod,

Alas, the photos are just not high quality. I'll see if I have anything else that might help.

Tay

• 2 years later...

This photo popped up on FB with some interesting comments associated with it, along the lines of "we weren't here, you didn't see us". Photo is from 1983 and presumably is from "somewhere" south of the border! My guess is Honduras but who knows. Not sure if this Huey has any markings or not.

25594058_1954514577897649_4991953472042721255_n.jpg.baa72a32a836b9c30b97826ed1f77cb6.jpg

LD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 4:21 AM, Loach Driver said:

This photo popped up on FB with some interesting comments associated with it, along the lines of "we weren't here, you didn't see us". Photo is from 1983 and presumably is from "somewhere" south of the border! My guess is Honduras but who knows. Not sure if this Huey has any markings or not.

25594058_1954514577897649_4991953472042721255_n.jpg.baa72a32a836b9c30b97826ed1f77cb6.jpg

LD.

I couldn't find this discussion on the Huey FB page, what was the insinuation, that these guys were "civilians"?  Interesting that the huey doesn't have M60's mounted, thought that was pretty standard for helos deployed to Southern Command.   Can't make out what the pilot is holding either, almost looks like it might be a CAR-15, earlier version of the M4 (which wasn't in service back then).   If so, that's a bit unusual as well for a regular Army unit. 

6 hours ago, 11bee said:

I couldn't find this discussion on the Huey FB page., what was the insinuation, that these guys were "civilians"?  Interesting that the huey doesn't have M60's mounted, thought that was pretty standard for helos deployed to Southern Command.   Can't make out what the pilot is holding either, almost looks like it might be a CAR-15, earlier version of the M4 (which wasn't in service back then).   If so, that's a bit unusual as well for a regular Army unit. 

I hope this link works.

LD.

2 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

I hope this link works.

LD.

Works great LD, thanks.  Interesting comments to the post.   Especially when the subject came up about any 500's down there.   Response was that he didn't see any but they did had have some pilots that "didn't" fly them.    LOL..  Sounds like he may have been doing some side work....

Edited by 11bee
  • 1 year later...