How are Begemot's decals?

I used them for the first time on my Su-24, stars, codes & stencils. They are equivalent or better than Microscale and respond to the Microscale decal system perfectly. I had no silvering on any stencils or any multi part stars, they are strong too and can be moved around and reset. Highly recommended.

HTH

John

IMG_6765_zpsdc8sbuxt.jpg

I used their Su-37 markings from their 1/48 "Demo Flankers" sheet, and I must say I was impressed. Were very easy to maneuver once on the model to get into place, and sat down very nicely with future. Did not have any tendency to roll upon themselves at all when applying or removing from paper backing. Also quite thin with minimal excess carrier film.

In my limited building experience (only 4 finished builds thus far) comparing with other decals I have used, I would say they are as good or better than any I have used. I have not used a Cartograf printed decal yet though.

Just used them for the first time myself on a Flanker and can agree with all above. Very nice. Instructions are very thorough if a little small and therefore hard to read with my tired eyes. But overall very impressed.

I completed my Sudanese MiG-29SE using the Begemot 1/72 MiG-29 set. I agree with the above posters, they performed rather well, they are thin, but not delicate, and reacted well with Micro Sol.

SS857090_zpsxjjjzojk.jpg

SS857080_zps3zbygiu7.jpg

SS857067_zpsd0ewigpm.jpg

The research can't be beat. I've got several sheets, and they're all good. The recent Be-12 decals are covered with some kind of very sticky substance. I had to destroy the zip bag they were in to get them out of it.

For my sorrow, yes - all our attempt can be beat by one small things - combination of new kind cover paper and international post rentgen scanners make this fact.

All decals, which sell by post inside Russia not covered this sticky substance. Of course we change paper supplyer, all new decals, including Be-12 decals reprint in future, but Be-12 decals are already so, so only one, what i can say - we appologyse now for that.

During package all other decals we did'nt use this kind of paper, so all other decals free from this fact.

Edited by kotey

I used Begemot decals on this (Trumpeter 1/48):

su15tm_024.JPG

They were beautiful. The only problem was the instructions, the numbering on which didn't relate to the decals on the sheet. I emailed them and their customer service was excellent.

I will hope to finish a MiG-21bis, MiG-21SM and MiG-21R in Begemot markings (both main markings and *very* comprehensive stencils) this year and I am very much looking forward to using them.

Jon