ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
niart17

Oblivion Drone

That really looks great.

As for the holes, maybe to late for this but why not 3d print the jig? Other people do for this other items. link

That's a good idea Tank and it would work. BUT I laid out a model of what the jig would have to be in order to get the angles right and drills straight and it actually came out just a dollar less expensive than printing the nozzles themselves...so that's what I'ma gonna do. Here is a rendering of the nozzles. Should have them in a couple of weeks and I can proceed with this build.

nozzle%20Assem1_zpssre0x6av.jpg

Thanks!

Bill

Only a buck and added detail, good choice.

Bump :whistle: This is too awesome to be on page 2

Steven L :wave:

Awesome!

Someone mentioned that there was a 1/16 scale kit of Tech 49 Jack Harper? That kit, and this model could be used in a diorama with forced perspective. Jus Sayin...

OH! If you wanted to be really tricky... You might figure out a way to use more of the rare earth magnets to make the drone hover. Wouldn't that be something?!

Also, from where I'm sitting, I suspect that adding sound effects from the movie might also be possible.

Edited by KTesh

Seeing the progress you've been making Niart reminds me why I love this hobby. The Drone is looking fantastic and is inspirational. It's what people like me strive to acheive. Here's to a successfully completed Drone :thumbsup:

Seeing the progress you've been making Niart reminds me why I love this hobby. The Drone is looking fantastic and is inspirational. It's what people like me strive to acheive. Here's to a successfully completed Drone :thumbsup:/>

Wow, thanks man. I appreciate the compliments. I need to get back on this soon. I have to mask off the black center "face" section to paint it and am contemplating just making a stencil for the white number. Otherwise I'll have to get someone to print me up a white decal. Thinking of going with a not-ever-seen number of "177". just a special meaning to me that's all.

Thanks again, hope to have more progress soon.

Bill

I've gotten a little more done on this. I had some guns printed and received them today. I think they came out pretty good. I still have some detail painting to do and some other small items to add but I am happy with it so far. The tape is just holding everything in place while there is some glue drying.

DSC_0337_zps3z0bspqf.jpg

DSC_0333_zpsobnjqq20.jpg

DSC_0332_zpsceznycke.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Bill

Oh man, that looks A•MAZ•ING!

It's terrific to see you still on this Bill! ... and it is looking ... SOO-PERB!! Spec-TAK-yoo-lar ... Absolootly Spectacular! :woot.gif:

I hope you're gonna enter this into a show or two ... are the NATS coming to your Texas neighbourhood? Or even submit pix to a Model magazine ... :coolio: As many modellers as have seen it here on ARC, more modellers need to see this bee-yoot!

Keep up the amazing work on this model. I'm looking forward to some more beauty shots of the model.

Wow! :jaw-dropping: