1/48 GWH F-15I RA'AM question

Yes, but they are hard to find and the whole GWH kit costs almost double than the good Academy kit with Cartograf decals... so I'd like to know if any guy in the forums has experience with the manufacturer sheet.

Isradecal and sky make sheets. Never used any GWH sheet.

Decals in this kit are excellent.

Printing quality is really on top level, similar to Cartograf sheets. The film is very thin and matt.

The colours are vivid and the stencils are detailed.

I have no information how those decals work during application, so I can help in this matter.

Below please find scan of one of those sheet.

yJTu437.jpg

Edited by Solo

Many thanks! Now need someone has used them on the model with satisfaction and I'll take the GWH kit.

Decals in this kit are excellent.

Printing quality is really on top level, similar to Cartograf sheets. The film is very thin and matt.

The colours are vivid and the stencils are detailed.

I have no information how those decals work during application, so I can help in this matter.

Below please find scan of one of those sheet.

yJTu437.jpg

Thanks for the note Manuel,

I will certainly replace the cockpit and the wheels.

Could you please tell me which details are missing?

Thanks, Simone.

This F-15I have a wrong cockpit and main wheels, and missing some details for the F-15I, the CFT could be better.

Those decals have a dark stencils for current F-15I, the first F-15I have a light gray for stencils, and the Eagle is to yellow to me.

Edited by f12aaa

This F-15I have a wrong cockpit and main wheels, and missing some details for the F-15I, the CFT could be better.

Those decals have a dark stencils for current F-15I, the first F-15I have a light gray for stencils, and the Eagle is to yellow to me.

What is wrong with the cockpit?

Is a cockpit for F-15E no F-15I :wacko:/>

While I admire your knowledge, would you mind sharing more of it by going just a bit further and

tell us WHAT exactly the differences are? Oh, sorry, I forgot that Google is my friend.

Lothar

The only thing that looks different from a USAF F-15E is the black color below the instrument panels. Most USAF jets have the updated UFC (Up Front Controller - the data entry flat screen display at the top of the IP for the pilot and on the bottom right of the IP for the WSO) in both cockpits shown in the pic above. Otherwise, I'm having a hard time spotting any differences. Too bad the kit only provides the older UFC, but that's an easy fix, and probably accurate for the "early" marking option in the F-15I kit as well. I will have to look into the side console differences a little more.

Edited by Falconxlvi

The only thing that looks different from a USAF F-15E is the black color below the instrument panels. Most USAF jets have the updated UFC (Up Front Controller - the data entry flat screen display at the top of the IP for the pilot and on the bottom right of the IP for the WSO) in both cockpits shown in the pic above. Otherwise, I'm having a hard time spotting any differences. Too bad the kit only provides the older UFC, but that's an easy fix, and probably accurate for the "early" marking option in the F-15I kit as well. I will have to look into the side console differences a little more.

Does anyone make the corrected IPs for the F-15I ( ie with the corrected UFC for the pilot & WSO)? Or is it found on any other kit?

Thanks in advance.