Most enjoyable what I have seen over the last months, to see this gorgeous lady coming alive. Truly amazing!

Fantastic paint and weathering!

Hats off for you Sir!

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Thank u all for the kind words!

Deino, there is still some time till the Rollout 🙂 First some light weathering with oil paints on the top fuselage, and a heavier weathering on the entire underside, and the nozzles/exhaust decks need plenty of touchups still. 

Meanwhile, the canopy is unmasked and the IR provision too. Well, the canopy required some quite extraordinary cares by accessing the inner side through the nose wheel bay and the cockpit tub in order to get rid of literally dozens of tiny and big dust particles. Still the tiniest ones are there, but they are somehow not that visible on the pics. So, enjoy the true nose silhouette:

photo_5.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

The exhaust area is just prepped - for the tiling i used red/yellow/blue nuances, while for the filtering - OPs with streaking effects. Here is it at daylight and with a flashlight pointed at the aft deck to highlight the colors:

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

The oil paints are on, it`s pretty much drying time now, and only the landing gear needs to be weathered. A quick sneak peak:

IMG_20180516_190516.jpg

IMG_20180516_190355.jpg

IMG_20180516_190457.jpg

IMG_20180516_190553.jpg

I dont know - maybe it`s weathered too much, maybe there are no Raptors weathered that much, but i like it. My 2nd model with so heavier tear and wear weathering. It`s kinda abstract... surreal, but i like it.

• 5 months later...