CD72097 & CD72098: New B-52 sheets

2 hours ago, TomTheCat said:

Please forgive my nitpicking, but the number I see on the tail fin is not 60-0036 but "10021", which would make it 61-0021?

You are correct sir.

My mistake... I have pics of 0036 but I believe I got distracted when I put these here and mistakenly labeled them all 0036.

All great shots Trooper, many great decal candidates there in my opinion!

6 hours ago, Trooper111 said:

B-52h 0030 No Nose art Noted, but very cool Tail art, different from the normal statue of Liberty that we are used to seeing on Griffis jets.

0030 received "Miss Liberty" nose art a bit later in 1993, and also wore the 668 BS emblem on the right side of the nose:

60-0030-Miss-Liberty-crop.jpg

60-0030-668-patch.jpg

0033, with 416 BW flagship markings shown in your photo, was "France Libre" (included in AMT's original late B-52G boxing).  I don't have a photo to post, but there's a shot of it in Logan's ACC Bomber Triad book.

Chris

Edited by Gator52

Trooper! Wow! I am in love with "I'll be seeing you," but really, they are all gorgeous pieces of art. Thanks for sharing. I also like B-52H 60-0049 of the 449th BW, though the stars around the engine nacelles and tanks may prove very difficult to replicate in decal form. What is the significance of the two outhouses getting bombed? It says "FIRST 12 '66" over the second one. 

K/r,

Dutch 

53 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Trooper! Wow! I am in love with "I'll be seeing you," but really, they are all gorgeous pieces of art. Thanks for sharing. I also like B-52H 60-0049 of the 449th BW, though the stars around the engine nacelles and tanks may prove very difficult to replicate in decal form. What is the significance of the two outhouses getting bombed? It says "FIRST 12 '66" over the second one. 

K/r,

Dutch 

Right side of the nose has 668th patch, same as 0030

60-0024 416BW May92e.jpg

B-52H 60-0024 Unknown Nose Art.jpg

FB_IMG_1683662454211.jpg

I'd say the G and H's are pretty well covered.   We need to give Kursad some tall tail BUFF inspiration.   

Personally I'd love to see the B-52F (0149) that B Gen Jimmy Stewart was on when he flew his mission into SEA then had the inflight emergency when the flaps split on landing. 

ref.  JIMMY STEWART’S VIETNAM BOMBING MISSION – Soldier of Fortune Magazine (sofmag.com)

Jimmy Stewart Goes to Vietnam (historynet.com)

Jimmy Stewart over Vietnam - Flight Journal

I got a box of decals today, yes a box not an envelope. Looked over everything. 2 things. If you do Jolly Roger you can give it a SIOP 2 scheme. I have a photo of it in SIOP 2, but I have no idea how to post images here, or if it’s even copyrighted. Second I believe the grey color for the modified SIOP 1 is FS36081 not 36118, please correct me if I’m wrong. I just did a SIOP 1 KI Sawyer aircraft using 36081 on the nose. Overall am extremely happy with this order and looking forward to more 52’s. Have a good vacation.

1 hour ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I got a box of decals today, yes a box not an envelope. Looked over everything. 2 things. If you do Jolly Roger you can give it a SIOP 2 scheme. I have a photo of it in SIOP 2, but I have no idea how to post images here, or if it’s even copyrighted. Second I believe the grey color for the modified SIOP 1 is FS36081 not 36118, please correct me if I’m wrong. I just did a SIOP 1 KI Sawyer aircraft using 36081 on the nose. Overall am extremely happy with this order and looking forward to more 52’s. Have a good vacation.

I have to agree with you on these decals.   I thought I had enough kits but with all the different subjects on the 1/144 sheet, I'm gonna need a bigger boat!  I mean more BUFF kits.   LOL.   

Another absolute home run Kursad.   I think my MOJO just switched from the RC-135 pile back to my half-built BUFF kits.