CD72097 & CD72098: New B-52 sheets

Pre-order in!  Looks like another winner for sure.

I'll have to be patient and wait another month for the Thuds which will be tough, but worth the wait!!!!!

-Derek

I was expecting these to sell well, but more than 150 sold in two hours of sending the e-mail to the mailing list? Wow.  Thanks for your interest, and I will surely put together a Part 3 around the beginning of 2024. Stay tuned for the tall-tail (B-52A to F) sheet coming in the next few months, in both 1/72 and 1/144.

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I was expecting these to sell well, but more than 150 sold in two hours of sending the e-mail to the mailing list? Wow.  Thanks for your interest, and I will surely put together a Part 3 around the beginning of 2024. Stay tuned for the tall-tail (B-52A to F) sheet coming in the next few months, in both 1/72 and 1/48.

That sounds awesome. Looking forward to SAC Minot and Fairchild.

8 hours ago, KursadA said:

I was expecting these to sell well, but more than 150 sold in two hours of sending the e-mail to the mailing list? Wow.  Thanks for your interest, and I will surely put together a Part 3 around the beginning of 2024. Stay tuned for the tall-tail (B-52A to F) sheet coming in the next few months, in both 1/72 and 1/48.

@KursadA, Wait!  What?  1/48?  You meant 1/144, right?  K/r, Dutch

I looked at a lot of SAC-era B-52s in both strategic and overall gray schemes, and my conclusion is that the wing walkways were not applied consistently. These are enormous and including them would automatically increase the price of the sheet. In the case of the B-52 these are straight enough to be paintable by a modeler of average skill, so I doubt I will include them in the sheet.

The "tall-tail" B-52 sheet will be a different case. Some of these aircraft are silver, which would be tedious to mask and paint on. Furthermore, the wing walkways were pretty consistently applied on the silver and SIOP schemes. I will probably include a walkway sheet with these. I will think about offering the stencilling sheet separately as well.

44 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I looked at a lot of SAC-era B-52s in both strategic and overall gray schemes, and my conclusion is that the wing walkways were not applied consistently. These are enormous and including them would automatically increase the price of the sheet. In the case of the B-52 these are straight enough to be paintable by a modeler of average skill, so I doubt I will include them in the sheet.

The "tall-tail" B-52 sheet will be a different case. Some of these aircraft are silver, which would be tedious to mask and paint on. Furthermore, the wing walkways were pretty consistently applied on the silver and SIOP schemes. I will probably include a walkway sheet with these. I will think about offering the stencilling sheet separately as well.

That is terrific news!  Thank you Kursad.

I've wanted a 1/144 SIOP B-52 since the Crown kits of the early 1970s, but lousy decals always were the drawback.  Our long national nightmare is at an end.  

4 hours ago, KursadA said:

Sounds good. 

I got my order in today to Kursad for 3 sets... 

with more than one sheet I can make B-52g 57-6480 as "The Big Stick" in European Green or 57-6485 before it was painted and was still a White Belly Buff.

B-52g 57-6480 Right Noseart View.jpg

B-52g 57-6485 Right Angle Noseart View White Belly.jpg

On 5/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, AD-4N said:

I've wanted a 1/144 SIOP B-52 since the Crown kits of the early 1970s, ...

I have that Crown BUFF kit buried somewhere in my stash... 🫣

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

I will start shipping them before this weekend - please be patient though, I have a mountain of orders to fill. Everyone should get their decals before June 20-22.

No problem just curious. So looking forward to these new decals. 

With the SAC sheet out of the way (still shipping your preorders like crazy), we can now talk about the B-52H sheet with current markings. Anyone interested in the AGM-183 ARRW test jet? Maybe we can persuade Arnaud (BAM Models) to make us an AGM-183... 

Edited by KursadA

Wolfpack lists a 1/144 X-51 as a future release, so markings for 60-0050 would be great even if an AGM-183 doesn't materialize any time soon.

Beyond that, I'd love to see some of the never-covered H-model unit/marking combinations from the 1992-95 era:

Fairchild (early): FC with blue stripe

Fairchild (late): FC with red/black chex with small Seahawk logos on forward fuselage (original AMT release had this version)

Griffiss (early): GR with black/white Statue of Liberty head

Griffiss (late): GR with red/yellow/white "Griffiss" stripe

Minot (early): MT with red/white candy cane stripes

Minot (72 BS): MT with black/white stripe

Carswell (ACC): CW with blue stripe & "FORT WORTH" 

Most are 36118, a few still had 36081 with these markings.

Chris

PS: Dutch, 60-0036 is other ARRW shooter-

Edited by Gator52

Chris,

Ah so, desuka!  It's my eyes.  They ain't as good as they once were, in fact they were never that good. 😉  That's what I get for trying to focus on my cell phone screen.

But 60-0036 is still "Tagboard Flyer," n'est pas?

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch