remade the toolbox since the paint job on the previous was ruined with Solvaset, I have never had that happened before. I really want a toolbox with the dio.

Heres the new toolbox.

IMG_7755.jpeg

IMG_7754.jpeg

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg

IMG_7753.jpeg

IMG_7749.jpeg

IMG_7750.jpeg

IMG_7756.jpeg

Nice work.

But might I suggest some stickers/"Zaps" and/or unit or owner stencils?

It's rare to see an unmarked tool chest.

Edited by JohnEB
10 hours ago, JohnEB said:

Nice work.

But might I suggest some stickers/"Zaps" and/or unit or owner stencils?

It's rare to see an unmarked tool chest.

No done yet. I got decals coming for all the bottles. Any photos in stickers/zaps or unit?

To tor an

Nice work, but you may want to be cautious about some of the Automotive supplier decals on the tool box.

The Holley carb decal may be out of place (since I do not believe they made aviation parts...unlike Champion who did make aircraft spark plugs)...also and perhaps more importantly,  the logo design/style my be too recent for the period of your H-34 build. As you can appreciate, firms change their logo periodically,  especially in the 1960s as traditional designs were replaced with ones reflecting "pop art" and aimed at the newly emerging "youth" market. As an example, Coke changed the design on its cans in 1960, 66, 70 and 71.

If you are looking for Vietnam era non- official decals that might have found a place on military toolbox, I'd recommend the oval decal for STP oil treatment, their decals were ubiquitous in the USA in the late '60s.

They gave them out by the millions and were found just about everywhere...

Again please do not take this as a criticism...

Lee,

You need to answer your own question by going back to before PAGE 21 where all Oliver did was build the H-34 with incredible detail.  At that point he started on the "supporting characters" of the diorama.

C2j

On 2/16/2024 at 8:34 PM, JohnEB said:

To tor an

Nice work, but you may want to be cautious about some of the Automotive supplier decals on the tool box.

The Holley carb decal may be out of place (since I do not believe they made aviation parts...unlike Champion who did make aircraft spark plugs)...also and perhaps more importantly,  the logo design/style my be too recent for the period of your H-34 build. As you can appreciate, firms change their logo periodically,  especially in the 1960s as traditional designs were replaced with ones reflecting "pop art" and aimed at the newly emerging "youth" market. As an example, Coke changed the design on its cans in 1960, 66, 70 and 71.

If you are looking for Vietnam era non- official decals that might have found a place on military toolbox, I'd recommend the oval decal for STP oil treatment, their decals were ubiquitous in the USA in the late '60s.

They gave them out by the millions and were found just about everywhere...

Again please do not take this as a criticism...

Thanks for your input however this is not a Vietnam era build. The toolbox is finished and I cant change the decals since it would mess everything up. Not take as criticism at all. I had to scale down decals from 1/24 scale to 1/48.

oliver

Got the figures today.

I found this amazing designer in Europe and I am quite happy how they turned out.

let me know if anyone is interested to  get figures done for your dio.

Heres how it looks with them.

IMG_7879.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg

IMG_7871.jpeg

IMG_7867.jpeg

IMG_7866.jpeg

Your diorama is looking stunning already!

I too would be interested in getting a few figures made. I have a basic diorama in mind from a certain helicopter-based movie from the early eighties.........

LD.  

3 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

Your diorama is looking stunning already!

I too would be interested in getting a few figures made. I have a basic diorama in mind from a certain helicopter-based movie from the early eighties.........

LD.  

Reach out to him to his company email and  make sure you mention you got his info from me. 
By the way, your message board doesn't accept messages for some reason.

djiti.prod@gmail.com

Edited by Rotorman

All the various gear and elements look great.  I agree that the labels on the cans and bottles are not really correct but may be too late to change.  One other potential issue that you may or may not care about is the uniforms on the figures.  As currently depicted, they appear to be wearing Vietnam Jungle Fatigues.  I thought you did not want a Vietnam scene, but an earlier (late '50s) scene.  The Vietnam Jungle Fatigues (side leg pockets, lower shirt pockets, slanted upper shirt pockets) were only issued and authorized in Vietnam.  The rest of the US military was wearing OG107 Fatigues at the time ('50-early '80s).  They did not have the side leg pockets nor lower shirt pockets.  Also, OG 107 Fatigue shirts were worn tucked in.

OG-107 - WikipediaFatigue Fashion: History of the OG-107 TrousersFatigue Fashion: History of the OG-107 Trousers

Edited by HeavyArty