Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, rotorwash said:

That would be a definite negatory, good buddy.

Wow, I really feel for those poor Jarhead pilots!  Just one of those old Korean-War vintage flak jackets doesn't add a great deal of protection.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have gotten quite a bit of work done it it the last couple of weeks.

 

I completed the rear cabin by adding a couple first aid bags, fire extinguishers, a rucksack, a duffle bag, an M14, and a few 7.62mm ammo cans for the M60A door gun.  I also washed it with a dirty grey-brown to make it looks a little lived in.  Lastly, I added some bare metal on the floor as well.
9a8271bcc4fa1b7178609041a8536487f9715173

1ed33cbf6e4f139eac91d9cd043abcc0e44ee090

 

Here is the IP and overhead console.  They are painted by hand and I used the kit instrument decals on them, and a few from the spares bin.3cab81b9bb9bed01d023791b6525d10361a299f0

 

The rest of the cockpit.  I added the fire extinguisher, placards and  other details.  I haven't added the seatbelts as I think I will put a couple pilots in it.
29f4225f886ebea7f732f9ad8d84b7c9394da3ae

e806cef412cbb30437533bb1b65b8d07b3b129e8

 

I have sealed up the fuselage as well.  I didn't really have any issues with the fuselage going together.  I did sand a couple spots that were sticking out and binding, but after that, there were no other issues.  It will require a bit of filler where the bottom meets the sides, but it isn't too bad.  

 

f7f002d9713ccdc94a0c4e41b595be2a5c04f7ee

509fd9d081dfd67454cb894e166ce452f4c3d066

aaba4dc731c1a202c131c7e053e8133f476c0d48

0842d8c6f6be9c56c1dbbb5fc0ffcf386fa6af9f

 

It is finally starting to look like an UH-34D.  I am very pleased with it so far.  Next up is painting the inside of the nose, building the intake vents on the underside front, and installing the nose.

Edited by HeavyArty
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Oliver.

 

More progress this last week.

 

I painted the rear side of the engine fan and drive shaft. I also added a couple hydraulic lines. Most of this will not be seen once it is all together.
IMG_1808
IMG_1809

I also added the screen and oil cooler on the underside.
IMG_1807

Once all that was done, I added the nose to the fuselage. I had no real issues with it, just a little bit of filling and sanding needed to blend it all together.
IMG_1812
IMG_1810
IMG_1813

The underside.
IMG_1811

Next is adding all the exterior details, tail, rotors, glass, etc…

Edited by HeavyArty
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the large nose screen I took a 1/48 PE template and enlarged it to 1/32.  Then I cut it out and used it as stencil to to cut the screen.  I cut it into three pieces; left, right, and a center section.  These pieces allowed it to fit the curve of the nose pretty well.  It was not bad once cut into the three pieces.  I still need to add the frame around the scree.  Its on the long punch list to finish it off.

Edited by HeavyArty
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...