1/35 CH-54 Not much on here

Does little for me. Canada never flew them, and apart from the Hostage rescue attempt in 1980 they never flew with CVW-8, at least not marked CVW-8.

Apsrt from Sci-fi, Canada, CVW-8, any Phantom, is all I build.

I am following your build on Facebook.

you should still post your build photos here anyway. 
it's an expensive kit I agree and with All the extra goodies coming out for

it, it can add up fast.

Is it however a great kit.

hello everyone, I come from time to time to see the new post and there I see someone complaining that there is no mounting of the CH 54 ICM . I’m writing this little note from France. I bought it on Easter weekend with the DOMINO MODEL store in Belgium during an exhibition and as the seller of this store was present at this exhibition, he brought me the model I bought 139 € which makes 150.88 dollars . Eduard made some references for him, an Englishman produces the seats in 3D, there are the trains of landing in metal, there are also things for the models Eriksson, decals and the water tank. the model, itself, is very pleasant to assemble, very few surprises at the assembly, there are hydraulic lines to add, it is a big job to have a beautiful helicopter. there is a facebook page ,ICM 1:35 CH-54A build group , if you want to go see .

23 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Very nice.  It is looking great.  How much of the lines did you add and what comes in the kit?

only the lines that are on the sides of the fuselage comes with the kit, the rest needs to be scratched, on top there is no lines at all in the kit

Edited by oppenheimerj

With all the exposed bits, it seems to me that unless you are an expert builder/painter/detailer  you shouldn't waste your money because your finished effort will be lacking

Fair assessment?

Build it the way that makes you happy.  You can add some random lines so you've got sufficient clutter to make it look realistic.  You don't need to break out a maintenance manual and replicate every line.   

That's an amazing job on the model above BTW.

I picked up the kit about a month ago. I am working on gathering a few goodies before I get started.

oppenheimerj-

Is that the Eduard set that you used for the cockpit? I'm looking at that set with some belts and the Aerocraft landing gear set.

On 7/12/2023 at 1:37 AM, JohnEB said:

With all the exposed bits, it seems to me that unless you are an expert builder/painter/detailer  you shouldn't waste your money because your finished effort will be lacking

Fair assessment?

You can find several OOB builds on YT. While there is ample opportunity to add detail, it looks pretty good with what is in the kit. ICM did a good job on the important features, I especially like the rotor head. It certainly captures the look and feel of the Tarhe. That being said, it is a big canvas with a lot of opportunity for those that want to take a deeper dive. I am aware that I will have more than $300 invested in the kit before it is all said and done but reflecting on the fact that I am not making payments on a bass boat and amortizing the cost over the time that it will be entertaining me, it's not a bad deal for me.

17 hours ago, Screaminhelo said:

I picked up the kit about a month ago. I am working on gathering a few goodies before I get started.

oppenheimerj-

Is that the Eduard set that you used for the cockpit? I'm looking at that set with some belts and the Aerocraft landing gear set.

You can find several OOB builds on YT. While there is ample opportunity to add detail, it looks pretty good with what is in the kit. ICM did a good job on the important features, I especially like the rotor head. It certainly captures the look and feel of the Tarhe. That being said, it is a big canvas with a lot of opportunity for those that want to take a deeper dive. I am aware that I will have more than $300 invested in the kit before it is all said and done but reflecting on the fact that I am not making payments on a bass boat and amortizing the cost over the time that it will be entertaining me, it's not a bad deal for me.

Yes that is the PE instrument panels from Eduard, i added some 3D printed knobs and switches on top of the PE