Pretty complicated shapes.

I'm still considering doing a correction, but I'm starting to think it might not be worth the trouble. It would be a major undertaking to produce corrected parts. ..........

I'm kinda tempted though just because of the challenge envolved...

OH YEAH ! ! !

YA KNOW YA WANNA.........

In the words of Starsky ( The new one, not the real one) : " Do it, do it......!

Shame on you Geedubelyer for encouraging me! :)

You've seen my "Other" project! ;)

The longer I piddle around with the Su-27, the more dust that big-boy collects... :(

Intakes? I'm still considering it...I ordered a second Su-27 kit today... :)

About the nosecones. One of my customers e-mailed that his copy didn't fit well.

I suspect it may be out of round, crushed by the way I packaged it. I am rethinking my packaging strategy.

I checked 5 parts that have been cured for over a week and all 5 fit well, slightly smaller than the fuselage diameter, but easily fixable by removing some material from the fuselage as shown in the instructions.

If it is in fact out of round, you can fix it by dunking it in very hot (almost boiling) water for a few seconds, then carefully reshape it.

Please test fit your parts and let me know if there is a problem.

:cheers:

Hi Chris,

My nose cone is perfectly round and the thorough way you packed mine, there was really no chance that it would end up otherwise! And still it had to travel all they way from California to Sweden with plenty of opportunity for ham fisted people to crush it! So in my case, I´m very happy with they way you packed the nose.

Thanks for keepeing us updated with your in-accuracy findings Ken! Some great work there!

Cheers

Martin

I have just received Zactomodels canopy set :rofl: and started building it right away. Vac part fits perfect :lol: , I will post more pic also in my thread in in-progress section as I progress. vac part is very clear and has no visible defects, at least I can't see them.

Thanks Chris :lol:

I want one! Your model is looking stunning Marko :thumbsup:

I went to the vac-former today to see the samples he had made. He used the different samples of plastics as well as my freebie roll and tried them at different temperature/time settings.

Unfortunately the 180lb roll didn't work as well as hoped. :(

I picked the one that looked the best, which happened to be a PETG, and told him to go for it. He's going to start running parts on Monday (which may just mean Wednesday the following week with his record :worship: ).

I bought a second Su-27 today to use as a sacrificial lamb... :D

:huh:

Any of you guys know where I can get hold of a 1:32 scale push-bike (pedal cycle, bicycle) ??

It's for a diorama idea using you-know-what............

I've been told that there is a 1:35 scale bicycle in one of Tamiya's German Army sets which would do - but I don't have any more details..... ????

Ken

Btw, which markings are you all planning to use? I can't decide between green and white nose...... :rolleyes:

I haven't decided for sure, but definitely one with a white nose!

I was toying with the idea of doing blue 388 (Paris Airshow bird), but I think now I'm leaning towards a dirty Arctic bird.

I just got my Linden hill Flankers on Patrol 3 sheets and thier stencil data sheet (must have item!!!).

Wouldn't the Russian Knights scheme be killer in 1/32?

:P

I've heard that Linden Hill will do a 1:32 Russian Knights decal sheet. :rolleyes:

Hopefully so!

I've been following this thread for quite some time and I just wanted to let you guys know what a great bunch of modellers you all are! ;)

I probably won't start my Flanker kit for some time as I have some 1:72 projects (3m Bison & Be-12 Mail) I'm trying to get done for Atlanta. In the meantime, I'm collecting all the aftermarket for it and learning lots from you.

I salute you all! :P

- Pat

Edited by Kalashnikov-47

Flankerman the Tamiya German solders with bicycles set is kit#35240-700 it's 1/35.

I would also get Aber photoetch set 35097 for them( REAL NICE). Both sets come with items to build two bike's. Dragon does a 1/35 Yamaha on road off road dirt bike (motocycle). The kit# is 3009 U.S. Light Infantry. Hope this info will help.

P.S. If I wasn't new to this computer stuff. I would send photos to you of they above items.

Flankerman the Tamiya German solders with bicycles set is kit#35240-700 it's 1/35.

I would also get Aber photoetch set 35097 for them( REAL NICE). Both sets come with items to build two bike's. Dragon does a 1/35 Yamaha on road off road dirt bike (motocycle). The kit# is 3009 U.S. Light Infantry. Hope this info will help.

P.S. If I wasn't new to this computer stuff. I would send photos to you of they above items.

Thanks Vandy...... and Skuki

I found both the Tamiya and Dragon kits on Hannants - I will probably go with the German bikes.

I didn't know about the Aber set - that is useful.

More expense on an already expensive kit...................

Cheers all.

Ken

Bugger !!!!!

I was just taking a couple of 'in progress' shots, when I knocked the model off the table - and the nose-cone has broken off at the sloping joint!!!

Out with the super glue - now I'll have to re-fill and sand the joint, re-prime etc.

I want to cry...............

Ken

Is there no easy way to order the stencil data sheet? By paypal or something? Also if im correct minimum order is 15 us dollars? :sign_boycott: anyone got a set they want to sell or if anyone is about to order a set with a paypal account let us know

John

I've heard that Linden Hill will do a 1:32 Russian Knights decal sheet. :cheers:

Hopefully so!

How about these rumors Guy?

About the Linden Hill data sheet.

Hundreds of little tiny stencil that would make the OOB model look naked.

Crisp, clean, nicely registered, Excellent...3 full pages of locating instructions.

As I said "Must Have".

Flankers on Patrol 3 is awesome as well and includes 9 full color pages with decal locations, photos of the actual aircraft and lots of detail and painting notes.

Cheers to Linden Hill :cheers: ;) :worship:

Much appreciated, Chris! Your contribution to the Trumpeter kit is not too shabby either!

Regarding the Russian Knights, I had considered doing a sheet for the newer two-tone blue scheme in 1/48 and 1/72 scales, but had dropped those plans after it looked like the team would be converting to Su-35s in 2004 (this still hasn't happened as yet). A 1/32 RK sheet would take up a lot of real estate...

The Linden Hill Strizhi/Swifts set has sold quite well, so I'll make a final decision on the RK after I visit Russia in the summer (armed with an 8 megapixel digital SLR). We have to conclude the Ukrainian Flankers project first.

Best wishes,

Guy

Linden Hill Ltd.

Hi,

Good to hear that the Ukrainean Flankers has priority Guy. I am waiting for that decal sheet! Imagine the Trumpeter kit in that very special splinter camouflage scheme. What an impression!

All the best!

Martin

I, ve just got aires wheel bay and exhaust. The detail is very good, same casting qualitiy as in aires cockpit. These pictures took a friend of mine and I wanted to show you some, since I haven't found any good pictures of wheel bay on net. I'm very impressed with the qualitiy of the exhaust, and with the price also :cheers: .