Remaining F-14 sqaudrons

it's the end of the world for us guys!!!

time to find a new love... maybe vipers or mudhens? :o

a toast.. to the turkey! the greatest swing wing fighter of all time :P

Nope, I ain't gonna find a NEW love, Not for me. I've always been a Tomcat fan, and will always be one till the day I draw my last breath.

Even if they're all in the boneyard, I'll still keep building Tomcats. :)

time to find a new love... maybe vipers or mudhens?  :o

a toast.. to the turkey! the greatest swing wing fighter of all time  :P

Nope, I ain't gonna find a NEW love, Not for me. I've always been a Tomcat fan, and will always be one till the day I draw my last breath.

Even if they're all in the boneyard, I'll still keep building Tomcats. :)

Say it loud and say it proud man!

I dont care if they're all in the boneyards, gate guards or in museums, I'll still love the Tomcat, no matter what, no "new love" for me. But guys, look at this alright? there will be a day when F-14's are in civilian hands, look at the F-86,F-100 and F-4, there will be a day when the F-14 returns to the airshows to remind people just who was the last true Naval fighter.

I think that the fate of the Tomcat will be one of fond memories, just like the F4U, F-4, F-8 and those who came before it, and children will go up to them on display and one day, a little boy will go up to a Tomcat, point at it and as "daddy, whats that?", and one of us will be able to say.."that son, is a legend and a thing of beauty". I know, because thats how I started, back in 1989 when I was 4, at the Point Mugu airshow, I walked up to Vandy 1, the Black Bunny, and asked my dad what it was, and he said one thing to me:

"Son, that is the best".

Long live the Tomcat.

y'know what's sad for me is that I live in Tucson and therefore get to see firsthand every so often the fleet of F-14 bones rotting here....*sigh* One of my photos I think shows what once may have been the Topgun "PowderPuff" bird, meaning the light blue with white tail tips and radome. Can't imagine what else it is, anyway.

time to find a new love... maybe vipers or mudhens? 

a toast.. to the turkey! the greatest swing wing fighter of all time

Vipers? Mudhens? Come on now, lets not get ahead of ourselfs! Theres no way those jets could ever Top the Cat! :soapbox::touche::taunt:

Mike :D :P

Squadrons that are still flying F-14s as of today:

VF-11, VF-143, VF-32, VF-213, VF-31, VF-101.

VF-11 and VF-143 will soon start sending their F-14Bs to the boneyard, though. :touche:

VF-143 has already begun turning their aircraft in, and VF-11 has changed side numbers (modex) to the 100 series. They will be giving up their Tomcats beginning sometime in May. They have one more det to El Centro, and then that's it for the Rippers. :soapbox:

Also VF-32, currently on cruise.

Nope, I was on TD in San Diego when the Stennis came into port with the last F-14 cruise aboard.

The F-14 is finished for Sea tours. The jets from the Stennis are now at NAS Oceana.

I have a friend on the Stennis that has sent me digitals from the last cruise.

I was able to do a tour of the Ronald Reagan which was tied up alongside the Stennis.

VF-32, together with the rest of CVW-3, is cruising as we speak with the Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) on the Persian Gulf.

Scooby - the John C. Stennis (CV-74) had VF-31 aboard her during her last cruise. It was the last time a West Coast F-14 squadron deployed, but not the last time overall.

And you´re right, the Tomcatters are now at NAS Oceana.

Two Pukin' Dogs were on the Receiving Line on 13 Jan.

BNs 162921/AG-102 and 161870/AG-112.

I'm hoping for continued clear skies and a chance to shoot AA-103 when it arrives.

- Rip -

Nope, I was on TD in San Diego when the Stennis came into port with the last F-14 cruise aboard.

The F-14 is finished for Sea tours. The jets from the Stennis are now at NAS Oceana.

I was able to do a tour of the Ronald Reagan which was tied up alongside the Stennis.

WRONG - The F-14 is finished for deployments with the Pacific Fleet, but they will still have a couple of more cruises on the Atlantic, VF-32 is in the gulf at this moment on the Harry S Truman, i get emails from them at least three times a week. VF-213 and airwing 8 are scheduled to relieve them in late March and there is talk of VF-31 rejoining the Atlantic fleet for a cruise, maybe as part of Air Wing 8. This has been strongly debated though. I think you will see that VF-213's will be the last Tomcat cruise in '05 and that all squadrons will be or have started conversion to the Super Hornet by mid '06. VF-32 is set to convert to the SH begining in November.

Also VF-32, currently on cruise.

Actually, VF-32 IS on cruise :taunt: ...

A friend of mine is the Air Boss on the Truman and VF-32 is currently on deployment on the boat. I also have a contact in VF-32 (I'm sure Fuji know's who ;) ) and he has been sending me pics of Gypsy 100 about once a month. I've recently completed a model of the show bird for them, and I'm just waiting 'til they get back so I can deliver it..

Brian Marbrey

Hey Bri, why havent i seen pics of this jet yet? Lets see and email me the ones of Gypsy 100 too, I talk to them all the time but we've been discussing other matters :taunt:

Hey Bri, why havent i seen pics of this jet yet? Lets see and email me the ones of Gypsy 100 too, I talk to them all the time but we've been discussing other matters :crying:

Well, probably because I haven't went dgital yet... ;)

:taunt: