Bad e-bayer Mucha-Me

I bought 4 sets from him. 3 in one shot and one more before I got the first batch.

I infored him of it and he said he got them at a swap meet. I gave him the benifit of the doubt but I see he is selling some of the same sheets again this week. That is way over the line. :cheers: If anyone can help me in contacting both Areomaster and Superscale I would appreciate it.

Here is a link to one of his listings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5969064851&rd=1

This is one of the decals I bought that was a copy.

ANyways any help with how to go about reporting it to e-bay and the respected companies would be of great.

Todd Pollock

WOW he/she sure isn't too smart. I mean a direct copy, including the real decal companies name and everything. I really think you need to contact SS and Aeromaster about this directly. Give them all of the info you have on this guy. Ebay probably won't do too much about this. I bought some CD's and DVD's from a seller on Ebay a few months back. When they arrived they were obviously burned copies of the originals, with color photocopies (good ones...but you could tell) of the CD and DVD jackets. One CD had no label on it (just a Kodak label...now THAT was dumb!). I reported it to Ebay but they never did anything aside from send me a message that said "Thanks for the report. We will investigate...blah, blah, blah". The seller was still selling the last time I checked.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards,

Don :cheers:

I got one of his junk copy sheets too - direct copy of Classic Airframes 1/48 Walrus sheet (complete with a printout of their instruction sheet).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5965073547

I intend to send it to Classic Airframes and have them take a look at it.

The sheet looks like crap compared to the real thing, which I ended up getting for about $2 more than what I spent on the mucha me version.

Steve

Edited by Steve Belanger

Are you sure those are copies on his auctions? I just had a look at some of them, they certainly look convincing, even down to the yellowing of the carrier film on some of them! If they are copies I'm guessing they're just scans printed out onto decal paper using an inkjet or laser-printer. I notice his descriptiona are very non-commital, with 'New' being the only info he gives.

I wonder if the stamps he sells are just copies, too :thumbsup:

They are definitely copies - the back of the decal sheet (one massive sheet, not individual like a screened sheet) has "inkjet/white - waterslide decal paper" printed on it. They look nice and pixellated as well and at least the Walrus sheet I have, is virtually useless unless you are standing away a couple feet from the sheet.

Steve

The guy/girl still has brass to make direct copies and sell them as the "real deal" in the wide open world market of Ebay (either "brass" or he/she is just plain dumb). So here is a question for you folks in the decal or aftermarket business, what do you think Aeromaster (and whomever else he has "borrowed/copied" his decals from) will do if they are made aware of this individual? What would you do? I mean with all this talk about copywrite, intellectual property, and such, this guy takes the cake.

For those that are planing on letting these decal companies know about this guy, please keep us informed as to what happens. Their (the companies) response will be very interesting.

Thanks for the tip and the heads up guys :rofl: !

Regards,

Don :rofl:

I wrote Classic Airframes an email a couple days ago regarding the seller and his blatant copying of their Walrus sheet. I also offered to send them the specific sheet I won since I'm never going to use it. Haven't heard any response back from them yet though on it.

Steve

Anybody got an address for superscale, I would like to get in contact with them and send the sheet I bought as well. Can not really use it anyway, so I may as well send it to them. I noticed that Mucha-me is still claiming that these are "new" sheets, just as the in the one I purchased. :cheers: Of course they are new, just printed them this morning :) Glad to see that those of us on ARC are spreading the word and warning others about misleading E-bayer's. I thought maybe I was the only one when I got my sheet. So I am out a couple of bucks, but it was bound to happen sooner or later, but at least it wasn't a large purchase.

Well I heard back from Classic Airframes and they "demanded" they would send me the REAL sheet for reporting the pirater - excellent costumer service!

So does anybody want a 'new' Walrus sheet produced by mucha-me? I just happen to have one........ I'm actually surprised he has even that high of a feedback rating - I wouldn't think anyone would be happy with the pixellated copies he's selling.

Steve

PS I also reported it to ebay as a counterfeit item

Edited by Steve Belanger

Todd, you should have ebay remove those neg feedbacks that jerk posted on you... you are clearly in the right and a victim of retalliation. just my 2 cents :worship:

P.S. thanx for the heads up on this prick.

Edited by TF51GREGWISE
  • 2 weeks later...

YIKES!!! I just bought an "Aeromaster" F6F Hellcat sheet from this guy and I guess that when I get it, I shouldn't be surprised if it is a copy. I will keep you all updated when I get it from him.

Feeling like a sucker,

Joe

I bought a set of decals from Mucha-me last week. I didn't see this thread until I had already won the auction. I crossed my fingers.....

Microscale sheet 48-168, F-8E and AD-6 decals..The sheet WASN'T a copy. It was the real thing.

I just thought I would throw in my GOOD experience dealing with this guy.

Chris

PS.... Maybe this guy doesn't know much about models and he bought a bunch of bogus sheets at a swap meet or convention. I'm not defending him, just offering a possible explanation.