F-16C Block 42 finished

Here are some pictures of my F-16C Block 42 with the Oklahoma ANG. The decals are the new Fox One "Vipers on guard" 32-008 which are the best quality I have seen out there.

As for the kit, it is the Hasagawa 1/32 kit and it really showings it age especially after the Tamiya and Academy offerings. I had to re-scribe all the raised details and add numerous panels (mostly on the top of the fuselage). I also had to update the kit to a Block 42 which the stiffening plates, landing lights (on nose gear door) and litening pod being the obvious differences.

Hope you enjoy

David

Edited by drhornii

Finally a belly shot (of the plane) and the AN/ALQ-184 is the Tamiya pod. That is all I neded the Tamiya kit for was a few parts :worship:

David

Edited by drhornii

Wow, that came out really well, David. It seems like the decals were worth the wait, eh?

One small nitpick? The scoops at the base of the vertical stab are upside down :worship:

Great job! We can never have enough ANG Vipers around here!

Jake

Wow, that came out really well, David. It seems like the decals were worth the wait, eh?

One small nitpick? The scoops at the base of the vertical stab are upside down :worship:

Great job! We can never have enough ANG Vipers around here!

Jake

Dang, those little scoops, hard to tell.

Yep, the decals were definetly worth the wait. A must have for the ANG Viper builders out there.

Thanks Jake :wave: and you ought to recognize the tail number, you sat in that jet when you were in Tulsa and thai infamous picture of you in the jet is still floating around the web.

David

I like how you painted and weathered it. Neat weapons' load too.

Ken

Weathering was basic stuff. Paint was xtracolor (enamel) covered with future then enamel wash and finally a dull coat finish. I used different shades of wash though, gloss dark gray on the lighter colors(FS36270) and black on the FS36118 surfaces.

David

Edited by drhornii
I like how you painted and weathered it. Neat weapons' load too.

Ken

Weathering was basic stuff. Paint was xtracolor (enamel) covered with future then enamel wash and finally a dull coat finish. I used different shades of wash though, gloss dark gray on the lighter colors(FS36270) and black on the FS36118 surfaces.

David

Great job on the old Hasegawa kit! :thumbsup: Nice to see one get done up right. One question.. Why would you have to put a coat of Future over Xtracolor gloss enamel? Seems redundant to me. Glossing over gloss. Or was this just to seal the decals on to the Xtracolor?

Milt

One question.. Why would you have to put a coat of Future over Xtracolor gloss enamel? Seems redundant to me. Glossing over gloss. Or was this just to seal the decals on to the Xtracolor?

Milt

I use the future to seal the xtracolor enamel from the enamel wash, not to help with decaling part. The acrylic Future prevents the wash removal from stripping the base color.

David

Thanks Jake :cheers: and you ought to recognize the tail number, you sat in that jet when you were in Tulsa and thai infamous picture of you in the jet is still floating around the web.

David

Yeah, I recognized that. I need to get back down that way........

Jake

I thought I was done posting photos but here is a photo of a HGU-55 helmet and MBU-20 mask I cobbled together from a Tamiya F-15E kit. I added a lens and modified the mask to the MBU-20.

David