Been promising myself to do one of these for ages, about time I pulled my finger out and done one (especially as the real ones are pretty much on my doorstep :D ). One of my favourites......

Chopped the nose off the 1/48 Airfix GR1 and fixed on the one-piece resin nose, and also the rear parts of the cannon fairings. Roughly cut out the kit flaps and slats too, ready for the extended resin replacements.

To be honest, the entire airframe needs a good rub down with some wet n' dry, to try and reduce the depth of all the panel lines.

131_3150.jpg

This probably will not be a speedy In-Progress build, will try and find the time as and when I can.

:cheers:

Your own castings?

:thumbsup:

A little bit self-indulgent, huh? B) :lol:

I KNEW it!! :D

Cannot wait to see more!

Neil, can I order direct from you now? I need to get another 1:32 vacc Mossie canopy and some MB10 bang seats.

:)

:rolleyes: and thanks

MikeJ

Stephen

I have got a whole load of them sitting here waiting to be packed, but I am still waiting for a delivery of vac-canopies to arrive (hopefully this week). :lol:

Mike

Yes, I am taking direct orders (don't do Paypal though). Drop me a PM or email.. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Super-glued some short lengths of plastic rod in the location holes for various blade aerials etc, because the aerials and wing fences will be replaced with photo-etch items. The kit holes would be far too big for these, and will be re-drilled much smaller.

t2holes.jpg

The lengths of rod will be cut off then rubbed down and drilled.

Ahhh....2 seater Jaguar....one of the nicest planes! It's a promising project ;) Neil, will the S-3B Wingfolds be available again? I have a copy of it, but I'm not sure it's strong enough to keep the weight of the wings, so I'd prefer an original one.

Greetings, neu

www.carrierbuilders.net

Neil, will the S-3B Wingfolds be available again?

The wingfolds have been available for a few weeks now :D

Mike:

The T2 will be in the 2-tone grey scheme, probably 41 Sqn.

:D

Here you go Neil:

Image10.jpg

Taken last week. You know where! :D

And one Fitter for good luck...

Image15.jpg

It will be nice to see one of these finally built, as I've not seen many completed, mainly as I think people were scared to actually build their valuable Paragon bits and bobs before we all heard of the "renaissance" :)

Cheers, Ed

Finished off most of the re-scribing, the plastic is very soft so can be easy to overdo it. Added the cannon bulges below the front fuselage, it looks as if the T2 still has both of these even though only one cannon is fitted. Not sure about the vent tube directly behind the bulges, so have only added one for the moment, need to check up on that. Took the wing leading edge back a little where the slats fit, and made some locating slots for the slat actuator points to fit into. The 2 vents below the rear fuselage were destroyed during the re-scribing, so replaced those with some plasticard.

T2underside.jpg

The inboard wing pylons looked too short in length and height, so made some more in resin. The outer pylons looked ok, but made some new ones of those too, with slightly different panel lining and such. (Although you can't see the panel lines too well in the pic!).

T2pylons.jpg

:thumbsup:

Added some plasticard to the inside of the intakes, nothing too specific, just so there is something there to prevent a 'see-through' look. The auxilliary side intakes are moulded open on the kit, these are only open when the engine is running and are sprung closed when the engines are off (this is how I want the finished model). Small rectangles of plasticard have also been fitted where these aux. intakes are and will be rubbed down and re-scribed once the whole intakes are fixed to the model.

t2intakes.jpg

:lol:

Neil,

The shape of the intakes are also suspect. Airfix/Heller made the inside corners sharp, whereas the real Jag has a noticeable radius in the corners. The lips are fairly sharp, and the kit intakes are not. The lack of trunking is noticeable, as you have shown us. Any chance of talking you into making corrected intakes in resin? :blink:

Jens

The shape of the intakes are also suspect. Airfix/Heller made the inside corners sharp, whereas the real Jag has a noticeable radius in the corners.

Good point......added some resin to the internal corners of the intakes, hopefully it will add more of a radius to them.

Replaced a few lumps and bumps on the airframe and spine i.e. the strobe light mounts, and also added the missing vents on the upper fuselage near the wing trailing edge, also the small intakes either side of the rear fuselage close to where the exhaust cans will be. Flaps and slats have been tacked in place, along with the etched brass wing fences and blade aerials.

T2ETCH1.jpg

Flattened the end of the tailcone and added the fairing beneath it with some plastic strip, re-shaped the tail-hook with a small round file and replaced the tail-hook 'arm' with more plastic strip. Guide rails for the flaps have been added (not yet done the outboard ones), again some thin strip plasticard does the job.

T2ETCH2.jpg

B)

I probably already have said this, but I must tell you Neil that I just am amazed by the quality of your threads. The "in-progress" pictures you take are simply perfect, the cleaness of your work is an example. I don´t want to offend anyone - as there are simply too many great builders out there to be all counted and named - but everytime I look at Neil´s posts I am amazed.

Another great and interesting work, Neil!

/Kristian

Cast some new droptank halves in resin (although they look like kit plastic here!) and superglued them together, then fixed the larger resin inboard pylons to them. The tank fins are simply shaped pieces of plastic sheet, and the fin-to-droptank attachment points are some spare etched brass aerials I found.

T2DROPTANKS.jpg

Next job will be to tackle the undercarriage legs etc, which I am not looking forward to. If you have this kit you will know what I mean....... :thumbsup: