Acvtually just today first Mig-25P (in Kondor box) model was buyng in Kiev (Ukraine) one of modellers, his promiced publish scan sprue in the near future.

Wowowow, so it should be available soon via Hobbyterra or such.

If the real maker is in fact Kondor (or Condor? Anyway ICM seems to rebox a number of their kits) I only hope it's a little better than their MiG-31: good overall shape but fit and surface detail isn't much good. And I didn't mention their MiG-29 and MiG-21...

Btw, I was instead surprised by the level of detail of the ICM BTR-60PB (not exactly a "Jet Modeling" topic), not Hasegawa quality but close enough (just a little flash here and there a great improvement compared to the ACE release). It would be nice if the MiG-25 was up to that level.

My 2 cents

Yuri

Yes, Yuri.

Kondor (Condor - it is Czech model company) is developer and producer of MiG-25 model, ICM will rebox this model.

As soon as o seen scans of moulds this model - i will show link.

OK - hands up those who have sat in a MiG-25 ???.........

Here's a pic of me in the Gromov/LII MiG-25 ejection-seat testbed at Zhukovskiy... :rofl:

Look and weep................... :soapbox:

Looking forward to the Condor/ICM kit - can't wait to use those Begemot decals.....

Seeya !!!

Ken :lol:

OK - hands up those who have sat in a MiG-25 ???.........

Here's a pic of me in the Gromov/LII MiG-25 ejection-seat testbed at Zhukovskiy... :rofl:

Look and weep................... :soapbox:

Looking forward to the Condor/ICM kit - can't wait to use those Begemot decals.....

Seeya !!!

Ken :lol:

Ken,

was it in a MiG-25 or a MiG-31 that you nearly got arrested for having asked to take pictures of the cockpit?

Just some old rms memories :lol:

Yuri

I thought their MiG-31 was supposed to have better surface detailing than the Zvezda kit?

yes and no :rofl: I have both kits (well, to be frank I have 2 Zvezda and 4 ICM/KONDOR kits: they all knew I like the MiG-31 so I got more kits than I hoped for Xmas :lol:

The ICM/Kondor (also reboxed by Kopro I think) has better panel lines (while on the Zvezda kit are a bit in the heavy side), however there's some flash and mainly there are some prominent "steps" here and there that'll need to be filled and smoothed (probably a multipart mold that doesn't line up very nicely). So I think most of the panel lines detail will be lost.

Also the clear parts need some polishing to become really "clear" however they seem more accurate than the Zvezda ones (the windshield seems too narrow and pointy)

My 2 cents

Yuri

Ken,

was it in a MiG-25 or a MiG-31 that you nearly got arrested for having asked to take pictures of the cockpit?

Just some old rms memories :rofl:

Yuri

Hi Yuri,

That was the MiG-31....

I didn't get nearly arrested - the groundcrew guy in the blue flightsuit was just giving me a hard time because I asked if I could take photos of the cockpit.

He was very aggressive - he called over the company 'suit' - who spoke English - and asked - why did I want to take photos ?? who was I ?? who did I represent ?? etc etc.

I was just about to give up - saying 'forget it - keep your bl**dy precious MiG-31'..... when he grinned and said 'OK!! - no problem !!'

Then he let me climb up and take all the photos I wanted !!!!

I guess it was just his mannerism - he was a nice underneath all that Russian gruffness !!

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

\\\\\

At one point I thought I read that they were going to do multiple variants such as the "RB", anyone know if this is true?

\\\\\\

No, as real buisnesmans Kondor separate model by modifications - in this (MiG-25P) model only one nose (without IR seeker, early type of radar) - so it is only MiG-25P. How i know in future company planing make more MiG-25 (PD, PU, RB) via add new sprue in this model.

Edited by kotey

Looking good Andrei - thanks for the links.

The seats and canopy look a bit crude - seats a bit simplified, canopy not crystal clear - but I can live with those.

I MUST stop criticising before I have seen the real thing !!!

Ken

Andrei, thanks for the link!

Finally a correct Foxbat! B)

Even if some parts look a little bit crude , it seems that in general this kit is FAR MORE ACCURATE when comparing to the old Hasegawa offering and will surely look nice when finished!

And other versions will surely follow... :unsure:

Diego

Yes, thanks Andrei! After just completing the Hasegawa kit, this looks FAR better from both an accuracy standpoint and a parts breakdown/assembly standpoint. I'll definitely be getting at least one of these kits (gotta use my Begemot decals also :thumbsup: ). And of course the UkrAF decals are a nice touch. :wacko:

Keith

No, as real buisnesmans Kondor separate model by modifications - in this (MiG-25P) model only one nose (without IR seeker, early type of radar) - so it is only MiG-25P. How i know in future company planing make more MiG-25 (PD, PU, RB) via add new sprue in this model.

Sorry I was not clear, I did not expect to have multiple variants in one kit but as you stated that they would release a separate kit for each variant, glad to see they plan on a RB.

Thanks

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr

Uhm, not bad. Typical Kondor style, some flash an parts on the thick side, but not bad (I'll have to get one to check accuracy and fit ;)

Of course the cockpit detail is sparse (the usual armchair) and the nozzles are too thick for the scale, but it seems better than the Hasegawa release. Landing gear and wheel wells seem very good.

From parts breakdown it seems they planned other versions: the differences between P, PD and R-RB versions lie mainly in the nose, wings and nozzles so they just have to change one sprue.

Now, we'd only need someone to make nice resin cockpit/nozzles (please mr. Neomega!) even if it seems that resin parts manufacturers don't like ICM/Kondor and most eastern kits so much, they probably think they aren't known enough to spend money in making a detail set.

Yuri

P.S. Kotey, all I can say with my very basic russian is that "ya liubliu golupsie" (I'm having them tomorrow ;)