VF-Decals News and customer survey

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should we re-release our original VF-101 sheet?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the pre-order concept?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How would you rate our customer service?

• Great!
    • You could improve
    • You guys suck

Guys-

Here lately, I've been putting the last 2 years we've been in business into perspective, and I'm always looking for new ways to help improve the overall quality of not only our sheets, but mainly our customer service. I have to admit, that a few months before I went to Oceana, customer service kinda took a backseat, and I just can't allow that to happen ever again. So, in retrospect, I'd like to hear from you on how we're doing.

Now, as for product news, here's the latest. I've been getting a vast amount of emails over the last several months from people asking for a reprint on our original VF-101 sheet, and thought I'd put some feelers out there to see what the opinions of the masses are.

I have a strong feeling we should, but I need to hear it from you.

I appreciate your taking the time to answer the poll questions, and please feel free to post positive and negative feedback.

Finally, thanks for making us who we are today! If it weren't for you, our customers, my tomcat decal stash would be very small!!

Seriously, I and the crew definitely appreciate all your support.

Brian Marbrey

I know you know this but since you're asking for customer responses I'd like to say that some decals in 1/72 would be kick ***. There are tons of members on ARC alone that are salivating over the chance to do some of the subjects of your 1/48th stuff in 1/72.

I'll add my 2 cents Cunuckian here, I'd love to see more F-14A sheets, most of the Tomcat decals out now seem to favor the B and D, not much available for the A. How about a VF-84 History sheet, with markings for a Gloss Gull Grey/White, a wraparound Gloss Gull Grey and a couple of TPS scheemed VF-84 'Cats.

I know you know this but since you're asking for customer responses I'd like to say that some decals in 1/72 would be kick ***. There are tons of members on ARC alone that are salivating over the chance to do some of the subjects of your 1/48th stuff in 1/72.

Just echoing what he said. I'm one of those 1/72 ARC'ers.

I bet that those that don't like the pre-order concept really hate it, and those that like it, accept it as a necessary reality. There's a part of me that hates it (I want my decals NOW!), but I realize that by sharing the economic risk, we end up with decals we otherwise would not have. In the end, I 100% support the concept, especially until VF Decals can generate enough cash flow to be self funding.

maybe you should wait a while more for the reprint? even then, if you reprint, you should also add something new to the sheets - say, something as simple as LANTIRN decals (which you already have the artwork for) rather than just a straight reprint. this way, it's kind of like a VF-101 updated reprint

I really appreciate the comments guys, both good and bad. I really wish the person who said we sucked at customer service would contact me directly though, there could be a free decal sheet in it for you. :lol:

Now, as for the 101 sheet, here's where I stand on options for that.

As of right now, we're looking at chopping off one of the show birds to create room for something else, but we're not sure what as of yet. But I haven't had a chance to talk wit Mike yet to see what we can do.

Here's the scoop behind our pre-ordering concept. I like the concept mainly because of this. It gives you an opportunity to more or less reserve a copy of the new sheet before anyone else gets it, and mainly, it makes the sheet happen. It's true, alot of decal companies don't do pre-orders, and it's probably because they can run on their own or have a heavier financial backing to keep them going regardless if they sell a sheet or not. But for us, we're a small part time operation, and we souly depend on the customers to help support us and keep us going.

Believe me folks, running an aftermarket decal company ain't all it's cracked up to be. You have to have a great feel for what's on the market currently and also what your customers demands are. It's not all about what squadron you're doing next, you have to have some kind of business sense and not that it's a requirement, but a good knowledge of military a/c and their history. And I'll admit, I don't have alot sense when it comes to the business aspect, but I've sort of got a clue and I'm learing as I go. I've never ran a business before, and I basically jumped in blind not knowing what to expect. It's definitely been a learning experience. Plus, I've learned alot of the last 2 years we've been around and we've had our ups and downs, but what company doesn't? All I can do is roll with the punches.

Again, thanks for the feedback folks.

Edited by VF-103guy
Doin great so far guys, i think my only gripe is the packaging. A small piece of cardboard or something to prevent the post office from folding the beautiful sheets in half would be great

That's actually something I'm researching now. I've been checking around at diffrent office supply stores to see what they have, and getting the ones like Twobobs is easy. It's getting the bigger envelopes which are quite pricey..

Brian,

As a small company You are doing fantastic job I know it's hard to do something like that because I'm trying all the time be the best with my small bisness.

As about products - Brian You are a chief and president of VF-dec. so You done some bisness plan for products - mainly the us customers love the 1:48 scale so YOu focus on that , but I think You should try to do something for a small modellers 1:72 scale - I'm one of them - why - I have a small apartment so I havn't area for a big fighters - You have some products that I love to see in 1:72 - Your VF-101 set was never done by any decals company and also the test squadrons ( especially VX-30 ) - many of us will buy it please consider it with business plans = maybe some limited sets by preorders as VF-103 History?

:rolleyes:

Regards

Edited by TOMCAT14
oops - i meant a total VF-101 sheet in 1/72

It still wouldn't be feasable to add the retro bird in 1/72 when it's already combined on our 1/48 sheet.

However, I'm contemplating releasing a 1/72 sheet as we speak. I want to make sure thre's a market for the sheet before we pop it out.

And if we do, I'll definitely have to take pre-orders for sure.

Edited by VF-103guy
It still wouldn't be feasable to add the retro bird in 1/72 when it's already combined on our 1/48 sheet.

However, I'm contemplating releasing a 1/72 sheet as we speak. I want to make sure thre's a market for the sheet before we pop it out.

And if we do, I'll definitely have to take pre-orders for sure.

Ooooh yeah, count on it, there DEFINATELY is a market out there for it. :banana:

I'll add my 2 cents Cunuckian here,

Charlie, sorry, you're gonna have to pay 0.023237 CAD! :lol:

And my votes for a reprint of the VF-101 sheet and possibly if I could find a stray sheet of the VX squadrons lying around, I'd probably jump on that.

Brian, I feel like I want to elaborate on my responses...

Should we re-release our original VF-101 sheet? YES, in 1/72. :D

Do you like the pre-order concept? FINE, as long as it doesn't take 6-8 months to receive. :blink:

How would you rate our customer service? Great!! You & Mike are the best. Thanks. :lol: