Iranian "Stealth Flying Boat"

basically the french in the picture is saying something like:

with the end of the cold war and the financers(?) of the soviets, the future military projects were put aside and they applied their technology to(?) their civilian planes how the flow chart shows the russian aircraft.

I don't speak fluent french, just studied it for 3 years in school, but it sure is helpful (even though no one thinks so)

basically the french in the picture is saying something like:

with the end of the cold war and the financers(?) of the soviets, the future military projects were put aside and they applied their technology to(?) their civilian planes how the flow chart shows the russian aircraft.

The "financers" :thumbsup: part reads "...the dizzying decline of Russian financial means....".

Cool pic Raymond! Thanks for posting it.

It's too cute not to poke fun of...The 'propaganda' about the plane does seem a little over the top, enough so to be poked fun of a little bit. :thumbsup:

As for speaking French, I've got a Heller 2300 piece sailing ship, "Le Soliel Royale", that includes big thick instruction book in French with a small, mis-leading and incomplete English translation in the back. Wish I'd known French when I was working on it!

Thanks for the translation!

What's up with the newest one in the pic, the "Constructeur Pachenkov"? I did a search and found nothing on it. Does it exist? What about the rest in the pic (I sorta assumed they were all built and tested)?

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Man....if that's Iran's idea of "stealth" then I'm Brad Pitt (btw....how d'ya like my girlfriend? Hot, ain't she? :P ). mikeiw nailed it (exposed engine and angles issues). Great Googly Moogly. It'd show up like a spot light on any scope! It should have a sign included that says "Just Shoot Me". That's CIWS fodder if you ask me.

:thumbsup::bandhead2: I agree entirelly! you hit the nail on the head. If that is their idea on stealth then I guess that they have nothing to worry about till we show them our anyonmous stealth projects at G. Lake, NV. <_< I feel bad for the one who has to pilot that aircraft.

Raymond - They released that pic, said it was a stealth attack aircraft, capable of releasing multiple, guided weapons with devastating effect, and targeting naval forces and shipping...

Look at the pic...

Look at the claims...

Tell me that's not something to poke fun at? Its ridiculous, and everybody knows it. Its the most ridiculous piece of propaganda since Baghdad Bob, and I find it hard to believe they could have gotten ANYBODY to believe it.

But hey, if you want to keep cheering for the underdog, even when he's a mutt trying to meow like a kitten...have at it.

chrono_russe.jpg

though found this of interest to ekranoplan fans :worship: the lippish looks like one of the iranian ones...but i prefer the mosket one slightly :)

Is it just me, or did those WIGE vehicle designers spend way too much time

watching Gerry Anderson's 'Thunderbirds' when they were kids?

Is it just me, or did those WIGE vehicle designers spend way too much time

watching Gerry Anderson's 'Thunderbirds' when they were kids?

MOAI VINCENT ENJOYED THE ACTING IN THUNDERBIRDS AND FIREBALL XL5.

IT WAS VERY REALISTIC.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

I agree with the big stone head. Then again, this thing being an attack aircraft is about as realistic.

Then again, if you think about it... there'll probably be a lot of AH-64 Aces coming out of this if the balloon goes up....!

heh heh heh!

Waco, Murph, you guys handle the fast movers and let us down low have a LITTLE bit of fun!

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Waco, Murph, you guys handle the fast movers and let us down low have a LITTLE bit of fun!

A lot of threads here go downhill exactly after posts like this. Is there a war on that we do not know about? Can we please remain on the subject, which was the technical merits of the Iranian claim and the flying boat? Please??

out of interest: why are people so keen to take the micky out this??

irans a 3rd world nation which spends a fraction of alot of western nations defence budgets, and is exploring different options for its forces, its disheartning to see people take the p*ss outa it, im reminded of madmikes quote form plato: "never mock someones progress, however small" :lol: its gettign old guys

My own joking comments about the plight of the American sportsman in the face of increased marine horsepower notwithstanding, I was in earnest in suggesting that the technology does have some serious potential in the civilian world. My argument is not that the technology is silly or childish--quite the contrary--I'd like to see hard-working Iranians reap a reward for their ingenuity. I do not believe patriotic Iranian engineers and developers should feel any less patriotic if their work, in this case, went to 'plowshares' instead of 'swords,' in benefitting all those Iranians who would earn a decent living participating directly or indirectly in the production process. Nor would I begrudge them their royalties! I would happily point to other success stories in other countries that are or were considered 'developing' or '3rd world." Indeed, such a firm might find out that the next "invasion" Iran must face is eager costumers, who, like those of Harley-Davidson Motorcycles here in the United States, must wait years for their particular, coveted models.

Edited by Fishwelding

Kursad,

Point taken. I was just taking the implication of it being a combat aircraft to the logical next step. Didn't mean to head down the road to lockdown.

I see you're from White Plains. How goes the old neighborhood? I'm a Westchester boy myself.

I agree with Fish. It looks like a fantastic opportunity for Civil aviation. Heck, I wouldnt mind having one of those to tool around in!

Isn't that thing a homebuilt ground-effects craft from a company in the US? A few years ago, a friend who lives in Colorado showed me some pictures of himself flying one. He said it was the most unstable flyin' machine he's ever flown. I can't remember what it was called, but it looked exactly like that.

Ben

I'd LOVE to have one of those things, are you kidding?!? Memorial Day's coming up and all those Jet Skiers out on the lakes? "LOCK N LOAD, you're goin' down!"

That's be a lot of fun to fly down the Tennessee River Gorge

Point taken. I was just taking the implication of it being a combat aircraft to the logical next step. Didn't mean to head down the road to lockdown.

Thanks. There is not too much fun in war for any of the parties, as we all know.

I see you're from White Plains. How goes the old neighborhood? I'm a Westchester boy myself.

I'm not really "from" White Plains, but this is where fate chose to put me for some time. Westchester County is its old self. Not that I really get to see it that much, the ol' Big Blue company keeps me busy. About the most fun I have is reading ARC and admire photographs of deadly stealth flying boats. I'm not sure if one can get a permit to fly one of these on the Croton reservoirs, but it would have been fun.

Edited by KursadA