Toad's Hasegawa 1/48th F-4J VF-84

It's a rainy day, kids and mom are napping and I finnaly got to take some pictures. This was a fun, if not longer than expected build. I started it last year for the Phantom group build and just finished it before Easter. I used a lot of goodies on this one:

-Black Box Cockpit

-Cleveland Resins intake covers

-Areomaster Decals

-?? Afterburner cans

-Eduard PE set

I also did a little scratchwork o the tail light and the pitot tubes there. Here are the pics:

This was really a labor of love. Back when I re-started modeling about 3 years ago, I decided I was going to do all the Jolly Roger's birds from my lifetime and do them right. Thus the Hasegawa kits and all the aftermarket stuff. I 've got the F/A-18F in my stash ready next, I'll actually start sometime next year. I also have the F-14B kit of VF-103, which I'll get around to eventually.

Here is a pic of the F-14A and F-4J together:

Very neat job, Toad. I like your Phantom a lot. I think the weathering came through quite nicely. And I am not a big jet fan.

:wasntme: :D

J.C.

I should mention that weathering wws primarily achieved using an ordinary mechanical pencil run along the existing (or sanded off) panel lines. It is smeared with the finger to give it a nice weathered touch. It's sort of subtle and doesn't show up well in the photos, but I think it looks great in person.

both of them look great Toad :wasntme:

i must ask, what is the # of the decal that you use? on the Phantom

thanks

I can't seem to find the Aeromaster #, I remember it was something like Fabulous Phantoms IV or something. I think I bought them from Squadron a while ago.