Tamiya Thunderbolt razorback

Gday fellas, below is the latest effort off the workbench, the Tamiya 48th thunderbolt finished using model master enamels through a badger 150. camo was freehanded with each successive coat lightened with white. the panel lines were then gone over with untinted paint. Decals are from Aeromaster 48-033 thunderbolts galore. A BIG Thankyou to FRANCK OUDIN for providing these. Hope you like it. Any and all comments are welcome

seacthunderbolt.jpg

seacthunderbolt3.jpg

Bruce

What an EXCELLENT build, Mustang!!!!!

Can you share with us your exact MM colours?

I'm finishing off a couple Tbolts in 1/72 in the same camo.

Thanks

Moe

Moe the exact shades were model Master enamels RAF Medium Sea Grey (undersides) and top sides in RAF Dark Green and RAF Dark Earth. Can't wait to see pics of your P47 when finished. thank you for the compliment

brilliant weathering on the camo, and all you did was lighten the paint with drops of white you say?..........(must take notes and try that!)

Kaysersoze, each colour had two drops light grey added to it before painting the plane in its basic scheme. To each colour I then added several drops white (not an exact science here) and went over each corresponding colour in a completely random cloudy spray . Next added even more white and hit the centre of several selected panels, finally even more white added (looking at perhaps 40% white mix here and hit just a very few panels such as gun bay covers, inspection panels. Now the brush was cleaned out and neat colour added, well thinned, in fact I shoud add here, in the above steps,a i added white, i also added more thinner. With the well thinned "fresh" paint went over selected panel lines and colour demarcations and toned down some of the "brighter" inspection panels. It all looks a bit stark at this stage, but I found a oil wash (paynes grey and raw umber) toned everything down. here is a pic of the plane after the above steps

workbench045.jpg

I hope this explains it all, any further questions just ask, and Thank You everyone else for the comments, especially you Greg, your mustang in the group build was superb

Bruce