Here's some shots of my Hasegawa 1/48 F-16C Flanker, using the 2 Bobs decals (first release) and Cobra Co ALQ-188. This model had been done in a different scheme, which I wasn't happy with after it all cracked. AS a result, it was all stripped, then re-sprayed in this scheme, and converted to "pole sitting" status.

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image005.jpg

image007.jpg

More at www.matt.scalespot.com

Cheers

M

I've seen this model "in plastic" at the last IPMS NSW meeting and it is breathtaking.You should see little TAC patch on pilot's shoulder,all hand painted,mad stuff. :cheers:

Hey,Matt,do you remember that Tomcat I was telling you about?Well,I need to strip it down,so could you share your paint stripping technique with me?It is painted with MM Enamels.I've had brain fart and decided to try to switch from acrylics back to enamels,not only I've messed it up,Windex doesn't work here,I need some heavy s..t.I heard that oven cleaner works OK.

Regards,Miro. :P

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the nice posts about this model. To naswer the questions, (in no particular order..)

Pete, I don't do anything to stop it spinning, because it doesn't. At least if it isn't touched, it stays where you put it. I figured that this would be better if it was to take a hit, it would spin if a 'winder or pitot got nudged, instead of the part breaking off. It also makes putting it into different positions much easier, too.

Yes the shoulder patches were hand painted. Aint magnification a great thing!! And some really fine brushes, and a moment of misguided ambition.! I'm pleased with them, though.

I'm not interested in selling this, since I wouldn't feel right receiving money for it. There are many fairly glaring flaws left over from the conversion to "pole sitter", that fortunately aren't obvious in the shots (selective photography is wonderfull!)

Miro, Thanks for the nice words. It was a pleasure meeting you and your good Wife and son. i hope to see you at more IPMS meets. Re your tomcat, I used Aeromaster "Decal and paint stripper" to remove the mess from the first effort. There are other brands of 'model" paint strippers out there. I basically took everything off that was going to get in the way, and masked anything I didn't want to strip.

Cheers

Matthew