I've got a bit of a left-right alignment issue at about the pilots knees that has me scratching my head :blink:

Here is a dry fit look-Also..hard to see but if you look at the piece of HUD glass that sticks out toward the nose of the jet-you can see I painted the edges of the glass a mix of Tamiya clear green and blue to get that caracteristic colored edge..

100_4848.jpg

100_4847.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pig

Awesome work. Got a question - in the Academy kit it calls for the area under the aft section of canopy glass to be painted a different color, like gunship grey or something, compared to the rest of the pit (flat black). I've been unable to find any pictures for or against this. Looks like you did your pit one uniform color, which makes more sense to me. Which is right?

Thanks and please keep the pics coming!

Jon

Hey Pete- How does that Floquil work in the airbrush? And... how bout brushing? There's a really great Train shop not too far away and I know he carries Floquil so I might have to try that. It really has a scale appearance to it.

Hey Burner,

The Floquil is fabulous paint :cheers: I love it. The pigment is ground very fine-and goes thru the airbrush like a dream. I haven't brushed it on. Pick up some Floquil reefer white too! Best white paint there is.

Regards,

Pig

I have to agree with Pete about the Floquil paint. It’s great stuff. My uncle builds trains and got me started with that paint. It airbrushes great, just have to add a bit of thinner and it’s one of the best brush paint enamels that I have used. Just straight out of the bottle. I use mostly Grimy Black, Weathered Black, Reefer White and their gray primer. Also have used Concrete for tips of AIM 9’s. Great stuff. Okay, enough of my 2 cents. ;)

Dave

Hi Pete,

Its been a long while since i was active here. Having a lot of private problems, but i don't wanna bother you with it. I was just curious about the work of some great modellers as you are. This model is really outstanding my friend. You already did an amazing job on this F-16.

Talk to ya soon

Regards from the Netherlands :wasntme:

Henk

I've got a bit of a left-right alignment issue at about the pilots knees that has me scratching my head :cheers:

Wait till you get my age Pete, it's not only my knees that need a realignment, but elbows, neck, wrists.. etc etc. :wave:

Nice work as usual. I amnot buying that you aren't very good with figures though. You have me fooled.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Pete,

Its been a long while since i was active here. Having a lot of private problems, but i don't wanna bother you with it. I was just curious about the work of some great modellers as you are. This model is really outstanding my friend. You already did an amazing job on this F-16.

Talk to ya soon

Regards from the Netherlands :angry:

Henk

Henk! we've missed you sir! Glad you are back, and thanks for the kind words. Now do us all a favor and get us some pictures from your workbench, OK?

Warm regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
Wait till you get my age Pete, it's not only my knees that need a realignment, but elbows, neck, wrists.. etc etc. :angry:

Nice work as usual. I amnot buying that you aren't very good with figures though. You have me fooled.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike,

...Thanks..I supppose it's easy to do figures when thet have a helmet and mask..and are behind canopy glass! :angry:

Regards,

pig

• 1 month later...

Hello Gents,

...been working for so long on this with little progress to show. I've been doing the tedious paint work on the nozzles. They are far from done, but I've got enough to show I guess.

These still need the rectangular warning placards (2 per leaf) plus some other detail paint, a clear coat, wash, flat coat, then some more dry-brushing..

100_4967.jpg

thanks for looking!

Pig

Pete looking great!! Can you walk us thru the painting of the nozzle please that is some excellent work Erick

Hey Erick,

Well, lessee here. The nozzle leaves were painted on the sprue with MM jet exhaust. Then the rub marks for both nozzles were masked off and sprayed gunship grey, I belive.

The inside areas were pre-shaded with black, then sprayed MM radome Tan-to get that dirty ceramic look.

The outside areas aft of the turkey feathers were masked and painted with alternating MM metalizer steel and exhaust, then dry brushed with a lighter steel/aluminum mix.

The ends of the turkey feathers were also dry brushed with aluminum.

Then I assembled them to the point you see here, flipped each nozzle upside down, and shot thinned Floquil Grimy black through each nozzle, like exhaust coming out the back..amazingly, that did a pretty good job of replicating the black, finger-like streaking that is typical of the Pratt -220 :cheers: Who knew it would work?

So now, I can gloss coat them, decal them, wash them, flat coat and dry brush some more...

HTH,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann