Alright! A rescribe! Mario it's looking very good thus far. How does the plastic feel while scribing? Does it have that crisp texture or is it more chalky? Additionally, what tools are you using for rescribing?

Daryl J.

Daryl

It is actually rather soft, no problem at all... I like it!! I use Xacto No.11 blade, kinda rudimentary if you'd ask me, but it works :cheers:

Take Care!!

MikeJ (I will buy the Trumpy Vigilante)

Hi Mike,

I have the Trumpeter Vigi in 1/72 and it's quite nice!

OTOH, a project like Mario's is sometimes more satisfying (why are we in this hobby anyway?) :D

Looking good so far, Mario!

Mike

Great work Mario, watch out for the join between the aft end of the main fuse and the smaller part where the nozzles go as that has one hell of an awful fit.

Thanks for the Heads Up :crying:

Photo-less Update, All Surfaces have been rescribed. Next, the Wing pylons

Take Care

• 4 weeks later...

Mario

Looking good. I am surprised that you are building this kit as the Trumpeter kit makes the building of a 1:72 Vigilante a lot easier. The challenge of updating this Airfix kit looks like fun though!

I do like what you are doing, so more power to you.

:banana:

MikeJ

• 2 months later...

THIS IS ONE BIG SUCKER!!!!!!

It is bigger than a MiG-25 (height, width and length), but the LG is stalky, I doubt it will stay straight. Next, some touchups on the paint :D YAY!!!!

Whatcha think?

I tinted the Canopy Green with Tamiya clear in order to hide the spartan cockpit... besides, it looks kick butt as it is :)

Still to do, also, FOD covers

03190004.jpg

03190005.jpg

Take Care

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys :o

Thanks for yer comments

Long time no see, update here. I've discovered how to tint canopies (I know this one shouldn't be green but I like it like that to conceal the spartan cockpit). I'm d ecaling the bird right now, simultaniously with another Hornet.

'Nuff Said

Pics!!

Take Care

04020002.jpg

04020001.jpg