1/32 MIG-29N Royal Malaysian Airforce

Hi guys…

I purposely dedicate this build to Zactoman aka Chris because of the great work's on correction set…started discussion about this project a year with my best friend Mr. Shahid Ali….after all…he personally sent an email to Zactomodel and made an order almost complete set of Zactomodel product related to 1/32 Miggy….because of the pride of our Royal Malaysia Airforce…..we also add a CAM, Eduard, Scalenutz decals, f4dables probe…all in list below….I’ll give my best to mix and match all the parts…hopefully can complete this build like what we want….

Here I share a pic’s of what I have in this build….

DSC03643.jpg

1/32 Revell MIG-29

DSC03632.jpg

DSC03632.jpg

Complete set of ZactoModels Correction resin parts, Air Intake, Engine Cover, Exhaust nozzle& turbine area, IRST, Pitot tube, Pylons, stabilator attachment, nose, tyre, chaff dispenser, and various tiny parts such scoop etac….i’ll upload a close up photo of each resin part in progress ….

DSC03628.jpg

Airess Ejection Seat + PE

DSC03626-1.jpg

CAM resin cockpit office…..

DSC03687.jpg

Eduard Interior

We’ll mix and match Airess , Eduard and CAM for cockpit office….hope its turn out good…

DSC03629-1.jpg

Eduard Exterior

DSC04104.jpg

F4dable refueling probe

DSC03627-1.jpg

R-73 & R-27 Missile by ZactoModels….

DSC03630-1.jpg

Scalenutz Decal

Thanks for viewing...next post will be asap....

Regards

Naza

Progress begun…lower section surgery task.....

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Not much problem on this task…fitting wise are awesome...hopefully i did a right thing...there're 13 sheet instructions I'd go through on this built + other products ...Zactomodels point out a very details directions on how to work with it....but stil...there're a step i miss look in this built that i will share with....my mistake...what the shame.... :(

that all about it for a time be...thanks for viewing...any comment, critique are welcome....

Thanks and regards

Naza

Place an Eduard PE on small louvered vent….the problem was PE over size and not in line with main louvered vent… so I can’t attach a zacto small bump to replace kit bump …

DSC04343.jpg

A minor modification needed …I’d to cut it out to make it parallel

DSC04345.jpg

DSC04346.jpg

trim it out...

DSC04347.jpg

Than I can replaced the kit bump with zacto resin….

DSC04354.jpg

Next the main louvered vent & structure….

DSC04358.jpg

As usual….cut it off…

DSC04359.jpg

And replaced with Zacto resin ….

DSC04364.jpg

Thanks & Regards

Naza

Hi Naza,

As I can see you are all armed and well prepared to make this build so that it will be a real stunner. ;)

I'll be following with much interest.

BTW, Chris had cast new air intakes using my masters and yet he combined the air tunnel together with the intakes and cast them as one piece.

Check out here: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=160070&st=240

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Hi Alexander….thanks to drop by .....appreciated :worship: :worship:

I just try my best, the most important I can finish off the whole Miggy…., Thanks for url link as well, I saw the product, your work are awesome….so do to Chris, smart skills combination also… btw, we miss out an update...i think I’ve to stick on previous one….Thanks again Alexander…

Some update on the cockpit area….a huge mistake I did on this step…few pictures are missing as well ….. :crying2:

Started a cockpit with CAM….i can use full set of Eduard….but then….i decided to mix and match both…..

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I used CAM as a basic platform , but the details by Eduard…meant, I’ve to scrape it and replaced…so sorry pic’s of the progress are gone…no back up file….

3-1.jpg

Few pictures are missing …had a disater on my computer...mother board burn...….

5-1.jpg

Platform removed...i just take the portion i need...

6.jpg

attach to Eduard PE Platform...

7.jpg

8.jpg

After task complete…I realize it….i miss look this page….

I shouldn’t make a mistake….

12.jpg

To reduce the guilt….another surgery had made….

9.jpg

Cut according to zacto instruction....

11.jpg

As for cockpit edges on fuselage...i'll need a solution...input are welcome...

Cockpit is painted…I’ll share it later….thanks for viewing guys…

Regards

Naza

Hi Naza! Good to see you sharing your builds on ARC again!

As Alexander mentioned, it's unfortunate that you didn't get to use the new intake parts but it is still looking great! :thumbsup:

I'm curious to see how it looks with the refueling probe installed.

I was considering making one but decided I couldn't make it look right without heavily modifying the forward fuselage/LERX area.

As for cockpit edges on fuselage...i'll need a solution...input are welcome...
At this point since you've already added the photo-etch detail parts on the top of the cockpit edges, I'd skip modifying the parts as shown in my instructions by not adding the strip styrene to the fuselage or removing the extra material from the canopy edge.

You can still add the included resin part to the canopy and change the location of the back edge of the glass as shown in my instructions.

In the end the canopy will be a little beefier and the rear of the cockpit will be lower than they should be but I'm sure it will still look great.

:cheers:

Rom, Marcel111, geedubelyer,…thanks for following this build….appreciate it much….honestly…every times I post any wip in ARC….I’m nervous…

Hi Berkut….yes…my last post was in 2007…. if I’m not mistaken…..feeling great you still can recognize me…. :)

Zactoman….again…you did an awesome work on it Chris…. :worship: :worship: :worship:

You are absolutely right…forward fuselage look odd; thick….it’s so obvious with a probe attached…you might need to work on forward fuselage in future, not only for the probe…in my opinion that will make your resin nose match and suit to the whole frame…

In this build…I just try to rarefy at LERX area…..i can’t modified any further…..it’s a scary task…i'll attach a pic's progress in next post....

Master…thanks for viewing ya….;)

A big thanks to all....update time....

Update time…. OEPS replaced

DSC04349.jpg

Kit mold part removed

DSC04351.jpg

DSC04352.jpg

Zactomodel Nose replacement

DSC04379.jpg

DSC04380.jpg

next post.... :rolleyes:

I did some sanding work on forward fuselage….I is not sure if there any different….i attaches real pictures of Miggy….original Revell nose n forward fuselage as for comparison….

DSC04635.jpg

P1050702.jpg

The basic paint n primer on a cockpit area….a minor modification to blend Eduard, CAM and my own details that I added

DSC04636.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04632.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/NazaModelArt/DSC04630.jpg[/img

That’s all for a time be….thanks for viewing guys….as usual C&C are welcome….next task is...

A big thanks to Zactoman aka Chris for an input….

Seee you all in next post….HAPPY MODELING…

Thanks and Regards

Naza

Update time….a few section had been done….not much different from the previous one…but I think I spend a lot of times to rescribe disappeared panel line that gone during sanding process…..final touch will needed before painting process….

Stabilizer….follow as zactomodel direction…

6-2.jpg

7-3.jpg

DSC04642.jpg

Vertical stabilizer… follow as zactomodel direction…

1-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

Next post :rolleyes:

Now I got this stage done…

DSC04645.jpg

DSC04647.jpg

DSC04648-1.jpg

DSC04649.jpg

DSC04651.jpg

m2.jpg

That all guys…final touch on the surface will needed before painting process....and last stage primer....away to go….thanks for viewing…appreciate it….as usual C&C are welcome….

HAPPY MODELING…..

*Qian, Hoops, Thanks for your support…appreciate it….

Thanks and Regards

Naza

Edited by NazaruddinHashim