Got my A-6E from HLJ Today

It arrived safe & sound from Japan. Shipping was pricey, but it was still cheaper than ebay. It's a Revell Germany boxing, 1996 is the date on the recycled toilet paper instructions. Decals are cartograph, which is a step up from the original boxing.

All-in-all it looks nice. When Dave releases his ODS Marine Intruder decals I'll have to snag a sheet to go on it.

I have a whole Intruder family now: A-6E, EA-6A, & EA-6B. This will be an impressive display one day.

Wait....is this the 1/48th kit. So A-6E is now being sold again. Where can I find one, I did a pre-order for the Prowler and pray that I get one. I'd rather get an Intruder...I'm always too late when they pop up here for sale and ebay is way to costly.

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud

The EA-6B Prowler used the GRU-7EA (Essentially the GRU-7 as on the F-14A/B Tomcat) except with a single ejection handle instead of the Tomcat's two.

I'm not sure about the A-6E/EA-6A, but perhaps it may be the same.

Wait....is this the 1/48th kit. So A-6E is now being sold again. Where can I find one, I did a pre-order for the Prowler and pray that I get one. I'd rather get an Intruder...I'm always too late when they pop up here for sale and ebay is way to costly.

Joe

Joe,

this was a close out that some one here on ARC alerted us to about 10 days or so ago. As far as I know its not coming back into production any time soon (note I said as far as I know...). I just lucked into one.

The EA-6B Prowler used the GRU-7EA (Essentially the GRU-7 as on the F-14A/B Tomcat) except with a single ejection handle instead of the Tomcat's two.

I'm not sure about the A-6E/EA-6A, but perhaps it may be the same.

What I've been able to find is that A-6E used a GRU-7 (no suffix). I bet I can fake it with s set of Tomcat seats.

Yeh,

and like a doof I sold mine several years ago along w/ my Black Box cockpit. Oh well. The HLJ deal even w/ shipping was cheaper than what they wind up for on ebay most times.

I know in days go by, I gave about $100 for the EA-6A on ebay. My hobby budget hurt for months afterwards...

It arrived safe & sound from Japan. Shipping was pricey, but it was still cheaper than ebay. It's a Revell Germany boxing, 1996 is the date on the recycled toilet paper instructions. Decals are cartograph, which is a step up from the original boxing.

All-in-all it looks nice. When Dave releases his ODS Marine Intruder decals I'll have to snag a sheet to go on it.

I have a whole Intruder family now: A-6E, EA-6A, & EA-6B. This will be an impressive display one day.

Picked mine up at the Post Office on Monday!!

And for sure cheaper than ebay!!

Jack

I got in on them when they were $18, but they showed up as not in stock, still got an invoice, so I guess I'll still get them. Wierd thing, the next day, they were listed as $56, and now they are showing back in stock at $22.

Edited by kap64

So once again I'm 'SOL"...oh well maybe someday I may get lucky. I too was a doof; I traded an un-opened Intruder for a Stryker kit to a member here. He really needed on and he caught me on a good day. No I really don't regret it.

Joe

That was fast! It was showing "in stock" when I posted the link. I guess they only had a couple left at that point.

I think that was my fault, or HLJ. I ordered two, got a confirmation saying I ordered twenty. I felt a huge sinking feeling in the gut...

I had to update my order in a hurry. That's way too many Yen for my wallet though a "few" more Intruders in the collection wouldn't hurt! :thumbsup:

Joe

Hey Dud, I have an A-6E that is only missing the landing gear legs as far as i know. I would actually rather the EA-6B, so maybe when yours comes in (if yours comes in :lol: ) we can make some kind of trade. just let me know what you think. I'll have to check, but i'm pretty sure the gear legs are the only thing missing and i MAY be able to find those. i was planning on using them for some other build but never did so they should be floating around somewhere.

Bill

Seems they keep restocking it even though it says discontinued, so maybe you guys that missed out can still get one. This is like the third time I've seen it say out of stock/ discontinued and the price was back up to over $50, but then a couple of days later, it's back in stock and about $20 again.