Short Tucano 1/32

Hi everybody, I would like to share with you my new project. It is the first time I will try to build a complete plane from scratch, but I will make my best with the project and with my english. My biggest problem is that I have just find one 3 view drawing and that is all my reference (apart from the pictures) so you will unerstand all the errors I will make.

By the way something like this is the idea.

Well this is all what I have built.

The fuselage has been separated into 3 parts

the rear

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I had to cut the last part because when the putty was dry I realised It had shrinked the plastic frame

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Here, starting the front section.

13.jpg

14.jpg

And now the center

16.jpg

Any coments will be usefull

see you later

Edited by GATO

Gato that is a very intriguing technique. The filler you are using appears to be a two part polyester autobody filler similar to what we refer to as "Bondo" here in the US. Does it get very hot during the cure process? I've thought of using a similar technique, but inserting blocks of basswood inbetween the profiles, and sand till I get to the profile. Your method seems to be a lot quicker and with less mess too. I'll be following this one.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks everybody for the coments.

Big Kev, Skyking I really don´t know what kind of putty is it, here in Chile, it is called like "magic putty", it is a 2 part putty and yes it gets hot during the cure process, that is why it deformed the plastic frame.

I will take a picture to the putty maybe is "bondo"

Happy modelling

First of all, this sounds like an amazing project. I love these scratchbuilding projects more than anything. It does sound like you're using car body filler, which is great stuff. Sands beautifully. Really looking forward to seeing more of this build as it progresses. Brilliant subject to might I add!

• 2 weeks later...
Whoa...that is cool!! :cheers:

Will you be making molds and casting copies? :)

Can't wait to see more!! :worship:

Hi AnthonyWan, I don´t think I will make copies this is just for fun. For me, it it very complicated to make copies. And I would like to see how it looks at the end, remember that I don´t have very good reference (pictures or drawings) of some detail parts. So it is just my imagination and observation.

Anyway thanks for your coments, the same as for everybody.

See you later

GATO

You are doing a tremendous work on this...I have seen the Tucano and sat in the cockpit ,so Ihave a little soft spot for this little Lady!!

( saw The Tucano at the LINTON-ON OUSE Airbase in North Yorkshire

, United Kingdom).

Keep up the good work,looking really great.

HOLMES. :( :)

Edited by HOLMES

Wow, nice skills my friend. I sure am learning "how to" on the scratch build. I want to thank you for the step-by-step photos that you are posting. They are awesome. Keep up the good work!

Mike