i wait academy release f-16i

and i wish acad can fix old f-16 error

i cant see front fuselage shape fix or not

looks like great

but i also hope rivet and panel line can deeper

next f-16 i think must be desert falcon

Edited by rays
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. Based on the two color of plastic in the photos, and the previous sprue diagrams, it looks clear that things like the wings, stabs, intake/exhaust, and probably the main gear is going to stay the same. The new parts provide the potential to fix the glare shield and maybe the angle of the stabs. I think the bottom line is that some things may be fixed, but others probably won’t be.

Realistically, I think the options for a 1/32 Sufa boil down to this:

- The Academy kit, a complete Sufa kit with a full IAF weapons load in the box and Cartograf decals, but with probably some legacy errors from the previous CG/CJ kit.

- The Tamiya single-seater with the Isracast conversion, and having to source either alternate gear or intake/exhaust, depending on which kit you start with, plus scrounging IAF stores.

- The Tamiya kit and scratching all the mods yourself, and still needing to source IAF stores and decals.

- Or finally, holding onto the dream that Tamiya will eventually release a Sufa or even a base F-16D and then someone will make a Sufa conversion for that kit.

People have to make a choice. I think in the end, most people who want a 1/32 Sufa will take option #1, because it is cheap and easy and just live with any issues that the kit ends up having.

Does anyone know when this kit is coming out? I haven't heard a thing in quite awhile.

Mike

I have been waiting to for someone to do a 1/32 scale F-16I. Has anyone seen the conversion kit made by IrsaDecal Israel. Israeli AF F-16D B.40 Conversion Kit? I see Squadron had it at one time but are temporarily out of stock. It is for Tamyia F-16C/J. I think Academy might be the option to go with instead of spending the money on the Tamyia kit plus trying to track down the conversion kit and extras, not to mention trying to find the weapon load for it. Has anyone ordered and dealt with IrsaDecal?

I ordered both the SUFA conversion and D model Block 40 conversion from Isradecal with no problems at all.

The D model Block 40 set was missing the photo-etch pieces and I contacted them via their website and had a replacement

in my mailbox within a week.

The prices shown on their website including the shipping cost as well ....no additional $ to get either set to the U.S.

Wow ....just checked Squadron and they are charging $175 for the D model set while ordering from Isradecal direct is $112 !!!!

-Scott

Dave, I think you are dead on. But I will say this, some of the big and real problems with the Academy F-16C kit will be fixed by just being a Sufa. The base of the verticle fin, gone. The bad big mouth intake, no worries the Sufa is a small mouth jet. It appears that the joke of the instrument panal combing is fixed. Several misplaced panel on the spine are covered up by the spine and CFTs. Granted it's not gonna be perfect, no doubt. You are of course correct in your comments, but wating on a Tamiya 2 seater or much less a Sufa.... well. Price plus weapons, let's roll!!!

Chuck

How long did it take for you to get your stuff from IsraDecal? I have emailed them several times on some decals and I have never received a response.

Mike

If anyone is interested, I have an Isracast conversion set for the 1/32 F-16I Sufa that I am willing to sell in the CONUS for $80 (postage included). I live in New York.

Thanks.

Rich

Edited by berneckir
Please excuse my ignorance folks but how close is the F-16I to an HAF F-16D?

I'd like to build a two seat, large spine HAF Viper with CFTs. Would this kit be a suitable jump-off point?

Cheers,

:lol:

Considering that there are no other 2-seat Vipers in 1/32, I think the Sufa should provide a suitable starting point. But you'll need to sand off several lumps, bumps and scoops on the Sufa's spine which are not present on the HAF D+. You'll also need the extended parapack housing but I think that is already included in the kit.

Mark