New 1/72 Mirage IIIE/O & later plastic kit !!!

Read on Fighters (a French forum). The poster lives in Australia and knows Steve from High Planes Models. Apparently Steve is working on a high pressure 1/72 injected kit ! A 1/48 version could be made if the 1/72 version sells well. CAD model: 1, 2, 3. Test-shot should made in at least 2-3 months.

:huh: ... B) ... :whistle: ... :) :cheers:

Sweet mother of mercy! ukliam2.gif That's excellent news! ukliam2.gif

jump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gif

Since High Planes also does the rest of the Mirage III family, would it be reasonable to assume that they'll box the injection kit with resin noses, canards, engines and bits for specific variants?

Since High Planes also does the rest of the Mirage III family, would it be reasonable to assume that they'll box the injection kit with resin noses, canards, engines and bits for specific variants?

Michel (the French guy that lives in Australia) doesn't know yet.

Many thanks for the news Laurent!

Should be great to have an accurate, injection moulded, Mirage IIIE/5/50 in 1/72.

Hope the kit is "basic" and sensibly priced (like an Airfix or Revell one) so that many can be bought without suffering from "wallet sore". I'd leave PE and resin out of the kit. They can be sold separately to those inclined to use them. Would hate to see another extremely expensive "PJ Production" type kit. Just my thoughts.

Let's hope for the best,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom

More infos.

- E/O, R, non-Belgian 5 noses will be injected plastic. The other noses will be in resin.

- separate fin (because of the fin extension)

- Doppler radar bulge is a separate part

- two different types of landing gear doors

- separate rear-under fuselage coaming

- three types of underwing fuel tanks

- two types of canards

Steve want to offer the same versions he's currently selling. He has not decided yet how the small parts (antennas, etc) will be represented and has been made aware of this topic.

More infos.

- E/O, R, non-Belgian 5 noses will be injected plastic. The other noses will be in resin.

- two types of canards

Steve want to offer the same versions he's currently selling. He has not decided yet how the small parts (antennas, etc) will be represented and has been made aware of this topic.

Seems that finally we'll have the possibility to build a Brazilian III directly from the box! :salute:

Serelle

Sweet mother of mercy! ukliam2.gif That's excellent news! ukliam2.gif

jump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gifjump4joy1.gif

Sweet mother of mercy, indeed! :salute: My sentiments exactly. Its about time. I've got a 1/72 Isradecal sheet with IAF markings waiting patiently. Its like fried rice. The ingredients are on the table (Isradecal sheet). The main thing missing is the rice, which is a decent injection mold 1/72 Mirage III kit.

More infos.

- two types of canards

That's the good news, the bad is what am I going to do with the seven III / 5 / 50 High Planes kit in my stash :thumbsup:

Regards

Jim Barr

That's the good news, the bad is what am I going to do with the seven III / 5 / 50 High Planes kit in my stash :tease:

I 'only' have a Cheetah, a Nesher and a Finger...

I've got a 1/72 Isradecal sheet with IAF markings waiting patiently. Its like fried rice. The ingredients are on the table (Isradecal sheet). The main thing missing is the rice, which is a decent injection mold 1/72 Mirage III kit.

What are you going to use it on ? A Nesher ? High Planes doesn't plan to release a IIIC/CJ AFAIK. And I'm happy with that (I don't like this version).

Edited by Laurent

Hi All,

From what Steve was saying, He will be doing a 2 seater as well. The original High planes Mirage III tooling is showing its age. He is also looking at Producing a PC-9 as well for those who are interested.

;)

Brendon

• 9 months later...

The CAD model turned into resin: here are pics of prototype parts obtained using stereolithography (3D printer) so these are not test shot pics. There are some issues to fix before tooling the molds: wing profile and other things. The prototype is in 1/48 but the kit will be in 1/72 (initially... again, if the kit sells well, Steve may release 1/48 Mirage kits). First boxing to be sold: Mirage IIIO, ETA 4 months.

img4989s2.jpg

img4990s1.jpg

img4992s2.jpg

img4993s1.jpg

img4994s1.jpg

Edited by Laurent

:cheers:, Thank you Steve and thank you Laurent for bringing this to our attention. It's great to see Steve back in production and going from strength to strength. Keep it up mate. I'll also buy several of your Miracles if it will help us get a reasonably accurate PC-9.

:explode:,

Ross.