NEW 1/48 Trumpeter T-38

From what you can see of the plastic it appears decent. If the parts match the decal placement profiles, it's hosed in the canopy/windscreen. We'll have to see when someone lays hands on the plastic.

From what you can see of the plastic it appears decent. If the parts match the decal placement profiles, it's hosed in the canopy/windscreen. We'll have to see when someone lays hands on the plastic.

The instruction sheet drawings seem to reflect the small hump in front of the windscreen.

I have a Wolfpack kit, it's pretty nice. Until I see one of these in front of me I'll stick with the Wolfpack.

Interesting that they did the intakes, instrument panels, and exhausts on a separate sprue. Perhaps they plan on doing a T-38C/N??

Get ready, I've that feeling in my gut that a new series in the Talon/Tiger/Tiger II/III family is somewhere in the not too distant future :whistle: , though I think AFV has that line very well cinched up with their very good offerings.

I have a question about the 'NASA' and the 'USAF' issues of the Wolfpack T-38A's and what plastic changes were made.

Are the markings the only difference? At SprueBros the difference is $20!

If anyone with both releases could let me know I'd appreciate it.

By the way, the Trump windshield is correct. It was like that because the windshield and the airframe around it were hinged to fold up and forward to give access to the rear of the forward instrument panel. It was a common sight on the flight line.

Any help would be appreciated.

And I agree with the general feelings on this thread that the Trump looks bad in profile.

DET1460

The new Wolfpack NASA version says it has new, resin wheels:

* New tooling kit for 1/48 T-38A Talon 'NASA'

* Total 100 plastic parts, 2 resin parts and decal

* Detailed cockpit and wheel bay details,

* Early type main wheels by resin parts,

* Decal printed by Cartograf, Italy

* 2 A/C markings for NASA

* A4 book manual included

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

The price difference is because of a different distributor. A retailer bases their sales price on what they get it from the distributor for. I would imagine that SB got the NASA version from a different distributor, thus the lower price than the original release.

The price difference is because of a different distributor. A retailer bases their sales price on what they get it from the distributor for. I would imagine that SB got the NASA version from a different distributor, thus the lower price than the original release.

I was wondering the same thing since the Nasa boxing was cheaper then the USAF boxing at SB. I was originally going to order from lucky model but got the nasa boxing from SB.

just received my Nasa boxing from SB and the decal and instruction sheet were missing and no so called resin wheels.

:woot.gif: :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

I just ordered the NASA boxing from SB yesterday, now I'm going to be worried until it arrives !!!

just received my Nasa boxing from SB and the decal and instruction sheet were missing and no so called resin wheels.

Well, that sucks!

Can you post pictures of the kit? If you have the wolfpack kit, can you do a fuselage comparison?

isn't it suppose to include a canopy mask as well?

pookie, I only have the WPD kit so I can't compare it to anything. I don't have any scale drawings or anything like that.

SB emailed me back and WPD will be sending me the decal/instruction sheet.

Edited by randypandy831

I just ordered the NASA boxing from SB yesterday, now I'm going to be worried until it arrives !!!

My kit arrived today, everything was there. Hopefully yours was an isolated case.

My kit arrived today, everything was there. Hopefully yours was an isolated case.

WPD is sending them straight to me. did your kit include the canopy mask?

I already started working on it anyways. you'll need some sprue spreaders to have it match up with the lower fuselage/wing section.

Edited by randypandy831
WPD is sending them straight to me. did your kit include the canopy mask?

Yes, the decal sheet, mask and resin wheels are all in one sealed bag. Decals have a paper protector sheet and resin wheels are contained in their own small plastic bag, packaging appears first-rate. Other than that I haven't gotten past the fondling stage.... :)

My only nit-pick so far is that they got the shuttle Columbia's TPS patterns wrong on the box art. I think I can live with that... :monkeydance:

• 2 weeks later...