Modified Incom T-47 Airspeeder Snowspeeder

OK, time to get off the couch!

To get the juices flowing again I started with the Bandai take on a Snowspeeder :D

It´s my first Bandai ever and I suppose not many outside Sci-fi buiders comes across them :P

Anyways...the boxart is gorgeous and the entire box feels like nthere is something special inside!

IMG_2354_zpsuzyr0cmr.jpg

Inside there was a couple of crispy sounding plastic bags with 5 sprues with very crsipy plastic parts on.

Rather peculiar that the clear sprue is integrated with the colored sprue...those crazy japaneese :P

IMG_2355_zpsqe70xw3k.jpg

IMG_2356_zpsiu3wsid6.jpg

The last sprue contais the laser blasts from the guns....I´ll prolly skip those

IMG_2357_zps0xtkhyll.jpg

The model feels really tight and crispy and the parts are gorgeously molded.....this is good sh-t!

I got down to business immediatley and started cleaning parts and put sub assemblies on to toothpicks.

Those of you who peep at my builds from time to time knows that I built the FineMolds Snowspeeder in the same scale a few years ago...

It´ll be fun comparing the two..so far the break up and quality is pretty similar except the Bandai has the option of being built

without glue. Yep it´s a snap-tite kit tho I use glue :P

Here´s the break up of parts for the guns....if you look carefully you see that there´s the option of opening up hatches on the

forward gun support, the dark plastic part goes into the support and it´s detailed with innards.

IMG_2358_zpsjape8sxc.jpg

I glued the sub assemblies together....

IMG_2359_zpshxr8vi8h.jpg

And here´s my little forrest of parts ready for primer :D

IMG_2360_zps0qjjblme.jpg

There I´m off to a flying start!

Cheers!

It's great to see you finally back at your bench. I guess the Me410 just didn't get your mojo juices flowing. Looking forward to following your build, and you amazing painting and weathering techniques.

Joel

It's great to see you finally back at your bench. I guess the Me410 just didn't get your mojo juices flowing. Looking forward to following your build, and you amazing painting and weathering techniques.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Naw, the Me410 was an uphill struggle....just couldn´t find the peace of mind to get going on it.

A wee little update..

I primed the lot, black primer on cockpit and engine parts, white on the stand and the figures and grey on the fuselage.

IMG_2361_zpso9q8dtcl.jpg

The pilot figure looks really great!

IMG_2362_zps42mbonhw.jpg

Of course I managed to crack the canopy frame....I´ll get that sorted.

IMG_2363_zpsrmqkwnso.jpg

Cheers!

Wow! I'd have hoped they'd have produced the entire canopy in a single transparent piece, just requiring some masking of the panes and painting.

Then again, if they had done it that way, then I'm glad it didn't crack on you like that.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Wow! I'd have hoped they'd have produced the entire canopy in a single transparent piece, just requiring some masking of the panes and painting.

Then again, if they had done it that way, then I'm glad it didn't crack on you like that.

Just sayin'.

As a matter of fact there's two canopies...one that is meant tonbe opennand its made from a single clear canopy, while the closed canopy has the option of leaving the clear part out just like on the studio model.

Just sayin'.

Look at the second sprue image, the one with the black parts. On the upper right corner you'll see the clear sprue attached to it. You can see two clear canopies, one for open position and one for closed.

What paints are you using?

FYI: Tamiya TS-32 Haze Grey is apparently an *exact* match to the grey used on the ANH ships. Not sure if they used the same paint on the snowspeeders, but it may be worth a look.

I've read some folks are having trouble with enamels on the AT-ST.

The AT-ST has some flexible plastic parts. The instructions *say* it's polystyrene, but it may have some other additive. If the problem is that enamels aren't drying or are remaining sticky, I'd guess that there's some PVC in the mix, in which case, a coat of acrylic primer should(!) fix the issue.

And *if* that's the case... the Snowspeeder has some similarly flexible parts (the gun and tow rope), in which case it'd be worth treating them to a similar acrylic primer coat.

Oh, and I for one really appreciate the prop-style glass-less canopies. Particularly on the TIE.

Got a little done today as well....taking baby steps here :P

I polished the primed surfaces and then I put down a base color of XF-67 tankgrey, it will be the base of my chipping.

IMG_2364_zpswgvzqknz.jpg

And then I dusted FS36270 on the cockpit parts.

IMG_2366_zpsbobvb7ln.jpg

Next I´ll deal with the canopy frame and then detail paint the pit.

Cheers!

For todays update...

I sanded and polished the canopy...and it looks like I got rid of the crack.

IMG_2367_zpssptim559.jpg

I reprimed and shot XF-67 on top...and it looks good :D

IMG_2369_zpsydwmmegk.jpg

Next I detail oainted the cockpit a bit....next a gloss coat and then a wash, then there´s all sorts of drybrushing and painting that hpe fully will turn it into something presentable.

IMG_2370_zpshv6khlxg.jpg

Cheers!