This week's Tweet thread

"I've got to do something. I can't believe

it. I have to give you your dream shot.

I have to send you up against the best.

You characters are going to Tweet Gun.

For five weeks, you're going to puke on the best."

Edited by David Walker

I tawt da tweet was retired.....must be just Vance AFB. A Tweet flew over my office in Tulsa, must have been from Sheppard AFB.

My ears are still hurting

Edited by drhornii

Maverick: [spots Charlie for the first time] She's lost that tweeting feeling.

Goose: She's lo...

[catches up]

Goose: No she hasn't.

Maverick: Yes she has.

Goose: [objecting] She's not lost that twe...

Maverick: Goose, she's lost it man.

[walks off]

Goose: [to Mav] Come on!

[to himself]

Goose: Aw sh... I hate it when she does that.

------------------------------------

Goose: (checking out the plaque with names of the best of the best) No, boys. There's two "E"s in Tweet, not an "I".

top_gun_goose_and_maverick.jpg

Hmmm. Didn't notice this before. They are having class in the hangar (right - a quiet hour at Miramar?). They are facing into the hangar. Away from the light. And they are all (except for Mav) still wearing the sunglasses. Are they still hung over?

Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.

Wolfman: Holy s***, it's Viper!

Goose: Viper's up here, great... oh s***...

Maverick: Great, he's probably saying, "Holy s***, it's Maverick and Goose in a Tweet."

Goose: Yeah, I'm sure he's saying that.

Viper: I flew with your old man. Tweets. You're a lot like he was.

Only better... and worse. He was a natural heroic son of a b**** that one.

Maverick: So he DID do it right.

Viper: Yeah, he did it right... Is that why you fly the way you do? Trying to prove something? Yeah your old man did it right. What I'm about to tell you is classified. It could end my career. We were in the worst dogfight I ever dreamed of. There were bogeys like fireflies all over the sky. His Tweet was hit, and he was wounded, but he could've made it back. He stayed in it, saved three Tweets before he bought it.

Wolfman: The Tweet gives me a h*** on.

Hollywood: Don't tease me.

Hey Murph -

Isn't that Scott O'Grady in the "Farewell Tweet" banner at the bottom of your first post??

Inquiring minds want to know . . .

ATB -

- Rip -

Rip,

yes even he is saddened by the imminent departure of the mighty Tweet.

Regards,

Murph

"You cant puke in here this is the tweet room!"
General "Buck" Turgidson: If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A plane like a Tweet... varrrooom! Its jet noise... frying chickens in the barnyard!

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of flying a Tweet.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of stomach contents.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

I tawt da tweet was retired.....must be just Vance AFB. A Tweet flew over my office in Tulsa, must have been from Sheppard AFB.

My ears are still hurting

Perhaps it was just retweeting?

• 3 months later...