Any new's from Italeri so far ???

O.k. .... here they are found at the German FLUGZEUG-Forum (posted by "bolleken96") ... THANKs !

Italeri 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hier eine Neuheitenliste von Italeri:

1/48

2657 Il 2 ( Accurate Miniatures )

2658 P 40M/N

2659 OA 10 A

2660 F7F3N Tigercat ( AMT )

2661 MiG 27 Flogger D ( ESCI )

2662 CH 47C UK version

2663 Caproni CA 3 NEW TOOLS

2664 JAS 39 Twin seater

2665 Merlin HM 1 NEW TOOLS

2666 MH 60K SOA

2667 F14A

1:72

1263- CR42 AS

1264- F 117 A

1265- Ju52 Toucan

1266- Do 217 J1/J2

1267- HO4S3

1268- VH7 "Marine One" ( EH 101 "heliforce-one")

1269- B52G "Gulf War" ( AMT/Esci )

1271- F16A/B

1270- SM82

.... for my opinion quite disappointing ! B)

Woohoo Italeri A two seat Gripen and a UK Chinook :woot.gif: The 1/48 P-40M/N I would bet would be the AMT and the F-14A will be a reissue.

Stephen

They usually announce new things at Nuremberg Toy Fair (February).

I might be in Nuremberg on February.

Is it possible to tell me some more details?

Can i attend this event ?

When exactly will take place?

If there is a link with more infos please let me know

thanks a lot

stelios

I might be in Nuremberg on February.

Is it possible to tell me some more details?

Can i attend this event ?

When exactly will take place?

If there is a link with more infos please let me know

thanks a lot

stelios

Here is the Link:

http://www.spielwarenmesse.de/

The date for the Toy fair is 1.- 6. february.

Unfortunally, only Professionals (manufacturers, dealers, distributors, press) could visit the fair.

Make sense.

Imagine some "Nitpickers" will siege the dragon display with torches and ropes in their hands and blaming them for riveting the 1:32 P-51 Mustang Kit... ;)

"Riots on toy fair".. the press headline at the next day... :)

And that´s just one example what comes in mind if you thinking about opening access to the toy fair for "everybody"...

B)

Reminds me of a story from a "well known" and respected modeller, who had a 1/48th scale Airfix Hawk built and primed with grey paint on a stand at a show. A member of the public asked the modeller if the kit was in fact the new Italeri Hawk, and the Modeller replied that it was, and the member of the public stated aloud ....

" I could tell it was the Italeri kit as it is far better than the Airfix kit!!"

Heh! I heard that story... :)

Just as funny was that, for the 2002 Nats, a 1/48 Hawk mock-up was needed pronto. Now I had a 1/48 Premier Hawk that I'd made back in 1990 up in the loft so I dusted it down, rubbed down the decals, gave it a coat of gloss black and marked it up as Royal Navy version (which was originally going to be a kit option).

It really was a rough and ready model but some people were going "oh wow, that looks great, it that a test shot?" (?!).

And the bar wasn't even open.

Edited by Jonathan Mock
Indeed...daft thing is that the Italeri 1/72nd Hawk is no more accurate than Airfix's 1/72 Hawk, so why would would anyone imagine or automatically assume that an Italeri 1/48th Hawk would be better than Airfix's - unless they suffered from a large dose of "HS!" or "AAS - Anti-Airfix-Syndrome?"

The thing is, the 1/72 Italeri Hawk has a number of accuracy issues, namely a skinny nose, wrongly-contoured upper fuselage, and an undersized jet pip. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great little kit - I've built about half a dozen - its just not a very accurate replica.

I'm a big fan of Italeri's stuff and I think they are a vastly underrated company but as to the hypotheticals over would a 1/48 Italeri Hawk had been better, I seem to remember people laying into their 1/48 EFA Typhoon, F-22 and F-18E (amongst others) labelling them a "POS" and using puerile nicknames like "S*italeri".

But then comparing actual kits to hypothetical ones does seem to be a rather pointless exercise!