I just saw a news article on Yahoo about the new 787. Boeing says they have 7 confirmed orders for private VIP versions of the 787. It has 2,400 sq ft (more than twice that of my house) and prices out at over $150 million.(which is...way more than twice the cost of my house) And I thought Trump's 727 and Travolta's 707 were excessive. I also got to thinking if I had one what sort of paint scheme I would put on it. I think if I were that rich, I would put a big hand on each side giving everyone who could see the finger. Okay probably not. But I'd have to find something goofy to put on there. Any ideas?

I'll wait awhile and pick up one cheap when the airlines start offloading them for the newer models! Kind of like Elvis did when he got his Convair 880!

BTW, what model numbers will Boeing use after they hit 797? That's been driving me crazy for years!!

If I ever got one in real life, I would accent EVERY panel line on the airplane in black so that any models done of it would match it if the modeler were to accent the panel lines. I might also request the paintjob get pre-shaded as well, but that might be a bit excessive. :cheers:

BBJ offers 737, 747, 777 and now 787s also ...

Pretty cool ...

BBJ

Gregg

I've been on that Boeing site before. There are some fabulous interior designs. I'd go for a 747-400. Leona Helmsly used to base her private 727 at my airport, when I worked at the FBO I pumped alot of fuel into that baby. Our Jet A truck held 2500 gallons, so I'd go over to the hangar empty the truck, go back to the fuel farm and fill it up again, go back and pump that 2500 gallons into it. Then they'd fly up to LaGuardia or Teterboro to pick her up. It had a nice interior including a bar and a bedroom with a queen size bed. I once got to ride in the jump seat while the crew shot some touch-&-go's......on our runway 5,000' X 150' runway! N18HH was the N-number I think.

BTW, has the 787 even flown yet?

Chappie

Edited by Chappie
I'll wait awhile and pick up one cheap when the airlines start offloading them for the newer models! Kind of like Elvis did when he got his Convair 880!

BTW, what model numbers will Boeing use after they hit 797? That's been driving me crazy for years!!

I know, that's been nagging at me too. I'm sure that the next couple of generations of airliner will have to be truly spectacular in some respect or another, so maybe moving into the 800's would be good marketing move. "Boeing 808: Welcome to the new generation"

I also got to thinking if I had one what sort of paint scheme I would put on it. I think if I were that rich, I would put a big hand on each side giving everyone who could see the finger. Okay probably not. But I'd have to find something goofy to put on there. Any ideas?

I always thought plaid would stand out on the tarmac.

As for model designators, its actually the last number 7 that carries through all civil models at Boeing. 247, 307, 707, 717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, etc. I'd expect the next planes to continue on as 797, 807, 817, 827, etc.