What if Schemes

I've always fancied doing an A-10 in RAF 6sqn markings in the old wrap-around green and dark grey. Kit it out with a full load of Mavericks, Matra pods and BL755's. Had the idea of calling it a Thunderbolt GR.1. Cant see the RAF ever going for the name Warthog.

Bit more fanciful but with the re-reissue this year of the old Airfix Angel Interceptor I might have a go at doing a couple in real world markings. I've got more than enough RAF and USAF/USN and even a small set of CAF markings in spares to do some interesting looking finishes. Trouble is I cant remember what it was supposed to have been called officially. I vaguely remember Falcon was one suggestion?

Here's something I've been toying around lately. The Philippine Air Force bought Beriev 12 airframes and installed P&W 150A engines, and pressed the planes into rescue/coastal patrol duties. The combination of sturdy airframes and efficient engines, coupled with IAI electronics (IR sensors & radars) served the country well in addressing the long neglected coastlines, long exploited and harassed by poachers, smugglers, and terrorists

be12150.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^ :worship: Fantastic stuff, Richard! As usual! :thumbsup:

Finally finished the Omars' Eagle that I started in 2010, just before my PC decided to erase one of the HDD partitions. Luckily, we managed to save the files. Only a few finishing touches were left to apply.

F-15-VFC-12.png

Something for our Turkish friends:

What if Turkey's "Terminator 2020" upgrade programme for their F-4Es didn't make it and a dedicated long-range precision strike capability was needed?

F-15E-TuAF-Korsan.png

Edited by ChernayaAkula
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Heresy! diablotin.gif......................................................................I like it! :lol: :thumbsup:

As for the future part: Yes, right after you've finished your JASDF Rafales, okay? :whistle:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Here's a "what-if" that might very well have happened. The Swiss requested Spitfire IX's in 1943, but the Air Ministry diddled around for over a year and didn't give them an answer. So they bought Bf109G-6s from the Germans instead. Had the AirMin gotten off dead center and agreed to sell the Mk.IX to the Flugwaffe, here's very likely what they would have looked like as of early 1945...

J

SwissSpitIXc.jpg