Post your entries!

Like the title says - this is your chance to tell the world what you hope to build in the next 6 months.

I'm in for:

1/48 Special Hobby X-15 with the NewWare conversion for the XLR-11 engine

1/48 Revell Mercury/ Gemini combo and Glencoe Explorer 1 with the New Ware conversion for the Mercury Redstone - "Liberty Bell 7"

However, given my build rate I might finish something from the Airliner GB ~ 3 years ago! :doh:

I'm IN. And I've decided what I'm going to build.

I'll only commit to one kit for now, when I finish this I may enter others. But this kit is one I've wanted to build for a while. And it'll be a most appropriate kit for this occasion, as 2007 is the 30th anniversary of the Space Shuttle ALT flight tests. That's when the shuttle Enterprise was flown off the back of an ex-American Airlines 747.

And that's what I'll build it as! The Revell 1/144 747 in its ALT configuration with Enterprise. (And it's the 1970's boxing too!)

As for other real space projects, well I'll see when I get back to my 1/72 shuttle Columbia, which needs some work done to its wing leading edges, and a whole LOT of sanding and puttying. I haven't had the desire to get back to it for a few months now, but hopefully this will kick start me. (But it won't be part of this GB.)

I also have a pair of 1/96 Apollo kits (Apollo-Soyuz and Apollo-LEM) from Revell that will be on "standby" for inclusion in this GB when I finish Enterprise.

Justin

Edited by Justin Davenport

Greetings!

I'm in for the 1/48 First Moon Landing kit that I'm going to do in different foils, etc. I might finish in time, we'll see...

When I'm between assemblies I may also try to do some of the NASA cardmodels (Stardust, Cassini, Galileo, Kepler, Deep Impact, and a bunch of Mars stuff) in plastic with a lot of scratchbuilding of details. The models are in a variety of scales that I have converted to 1/48.

This is going to be fun!

Mike

Rama Lama Nota Lota Anything

Temple of the Rain

Oregon

Edited by notalotaanything

All sorts of possibilities. I am going to do one model for sure and play it by ear on the other. But the projects I intend are:

Project 1.

Apollo 9 Gumdrop and Spider during the first 2 man EVA with Dave Scott out the hatch on Gumdrop and Rusty Schweickart standing on the LM porch testing the PLSS backpacks. This will be a 1/200 scale diorama and it will utilize the Aurora Snap A Roos CSM for Gumdrop and an AMT LM from the Man In Space set. Dave Scott will be modified from a Snap A Roos pilot figure from the LM and the donor figure for Rusty is an astronaut from the Monogram 1/200 Space Shuttle kit. For the stand, I might scrounge the Earth base from a Trumpeter Shenzou I have been scrounging for spare parts (I used four thrusters from it for my Ares 1 Orion LAS tower).

Now why would I want to do a model in this small a scale? Because after attempting something at the other end of the extreme scale (1/72 shuttle with tanks) I want to see what I can do on the small side. Plus, seeing what the Japanese have been doing with their candy toys has also inspired me to a certain extent. And by working in a small size, I should be able to pull this off in quick fashion.

Possible Project 2s.

Finish my Atomic City Mercury model up as Aurora 7. It already has the heatshield and retropack painted, complete with those tedious black stripes applied to it. And as an added bonus, I got Scott Carpenter to sign the heatshield already.

Build up a Revell 1/24 Gemini with the Realspace accurizing kit as Gemini 6A from the Gemini 6 and 7 Rendezvous. Very few pictures exist of it, but if I do it I want to also stick a sign in one of the windows saying "Go Navy, Beat Army". This was something done for the benefit of Frank Borman as of the four astronauts in orbit, he was the only one who went to West Point. Stafford, Lovell and Schirra were all Naval Academy graduates (with Stafford joining the Air Force instead of the Navy).

Finish a Revell 1/144 shuttle stack as STS-117. I started work on this one before I got the idea to do the 1/72 model for the museum. The plan was to give the model to Clayton Anderson when he came back to Nebraska as an appreciation gift. If I resume work on this one, I still plan to do that. But I still have A LOT of work to go on it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm officialy thowing my hat into the ring this morning. My first of several {wishful thinking}, builds for this GB. I have test fitted some of the major parts,will start assembly today. I will take pics along the way. Don M.

Oct13Parkandpumkinpatch006.jpg

Edited by viper50

I am going to make a change to my projects. Since it is the 50th Anniversary of Sputnik and since I am working on another project (not modeling) related to the Soviet and Russian space programs, I am going to change my first GB project to an Apex R-7 Sputnik rocket model. At the same time I might also build either a Vostok or a Soyuz using the Apex Vostok kit and the Realspace Soyuz TM conversion piece. This should be a lot of fun as I have always liked the looks of the R-7 and it did start the space race afterall. ;)

BTW Viper, I am sure we will all be watching your build with interest as that SH kit is indeed hot off the presses!

• 3 weeks later...

I've begun the following, which I hope to complete over the next several weeks.

Start-STC 1/288 Proton-K-L1. Surprisingly good kit for an ex-communist-bloc manufacturer, although still needs some sanding and filling.

Academy 1/288 Shuttle stack. I've removed the hideous slab-like orbiter attachment points and have been reasonably successful making a more realistic facsimile using wire and bits of sprue. But I'm wimping out and doing it as STS-1 so that I don't have to mess with the ET foam color hassle...

And while I build, I'm watching HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon", which I just got on DVD. Good times, good times...

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i think i'll actually try to finish one for this build. starting a little late but i'm going to do a splashdown recovery dio using the monogram 1/32 scale CSM kit. i've seen one done in FSM quite a while back but can't find any pics or anything on that build. if anyone has some or has done a similar build, i'd love to see it.

i'm not sure if i'll do a specific mission or just some generic landing. i plan on using the realspace hatch in the open position showing the divers helping an astronaut onto the life raft. i don't know what figures i'll use yet or how extensive of an interior i'll do, but i want to at least justify cutting up the kit and be able to finish it on time.

hopefully i'll have some pics to post sometime.

Bill

Bill:

RealSpace has a resin splashdown diorama kit in 1/72. This may serve as a decent reference for your 1/32 build. Good luck with your project, this should be really cool! :coolio:

Mike

ok, i think i'll actually try to finish one for this build. starting a little late but i'm going to do a splashdown recovery dio using the monogram 1/32 scale CSM kit. i've seen one done in FSM quite a while back but can't find any pics or anything on that build. if anyone has some or has done a similar build, i'd love to see it.

i'm not sure if i'll do a specific mission or just some generic landing. i plan on using the realspace hatch in the open position showing the divers helping an astronaut onto the life raft. i don't know what figures i'll use yet or how extensive of an interior i'll do, but i want to at least justify cutting up the kit and be able to finish it on time.

hopefully i'll have some pics to post sometime.

Bill

• 2 years later...

Hello everybody,

I'm currently build the mirage 5m (based on mephisto revell) and wish to get any informations possible for the Zaire Mirage 5 M S/N 401 TO 408, especially pictures (to perform a complete diorama). I saw a disussion during 2007 about this topic ,

Can someone help me please ?

Thanks

Filip