Hey fellas, here's my 1/72 Revell kit all done. :yahoo: I added the centerline tank and some training 'winders. There's another in my stash that I'll load up with some 2000 pounders.

Overall shot:

IMG_0648.jpg

Cockpit (a little shadowy, sorry):

IMG_0650.jpg

Can't forget the cool viper head:

IMG_0651.jpg

This is a great kit at a great price. One improvement I should make is more wash on the A/B petals. That silver needs to be toned down some. Pictures show all flaws...

Frank

Finally, I get to add my contribution to this group build. Both these kits are 1/72 Revell. The first is a F-16 MLU and the second is a F-16B.

Thanks,

Rodney

Looking good there Rodney! I would have preferred a little cleaner MLU and heavier weathering on the Bravo Viper. Norwegian Vipers are seldom seen that dirty.. Nice builds though! :doh:

Hey fellas, here's my 1/72 Revell kit all done. :banana: I added the centerline tank and some training 'winders. There's another in my stash that I'll load up with some 2000 pounders.

Frank

Hey Frank, what about that block 5 elevator on "C" Viper??? ;) You are right, some oils and another colour for the ring in front of turkey feathers (+some painting in the nozzle itself) and it will be nice bird :)

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good there Rodney! I would have preferred a little cleaner MLU and heavier weathering on the Bravo Viper. Norwegian Vipers are seldom seen that dirty.. Nice builds though! :woot.gif:

Thanks. I was using the picture from the cover of the Daco book. It shows some streaking on the wings. The post shading shows up more in the harsh light and camera flash. In my display case, I think it looks pretty good.

Basically finished with the 1/48 Has Block 42 bird. I am using temporary vertical racks on the GBU-12's & GBU-38's and waiting on the Shull BRU-57's when they are released. I need them before our March 29th contest and they are expected to be released by the end of the month.

99-01.jpg

99-03.jpg

99-04.jpg

99-05.jpg

99-06.jpg

Edited by drhornii

That's gorgeous, David. You did a great job. The GBU-12s can be carried from a standard TER. I am not 100% sure, but I doubt they'd use a BRU-57 for them as the new rack is still in fairly short supply.

Jake

, but I doubt they'd use a BRU-57 for them as the new rack is still in fairly short supply.

Jake

Tell me about it, even the resin ones are in short supply! Thanks to the Navy for loaning these to me (took them from a Has F/A-18 kit).

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my entry. Tamiya 1/48 kit out of box with the exception of Afterburner Decal's Shaw Shooters and stencil sheets, and a short ALQ-184 pod from Shawn Hull. Loadout is standard SEAD and decals depict a bird from ONW. I was very impressed with this kit, aside from (as mentioned very frequently) the ejection pin marks, which I was not skilled enough to fill.

Any critiques are welcome. Here are the things I noticed about this build that I don't like and would like to work on with the next Viper I build, which will be the Block 25/32 when it comes out.

The pitot tube broke off while I was taking pictures, it has since been replaced.

I could've done a little better job lining up the top fuselage halves, and you can see a little bit of a step

The canopy will not close all of the way, and I can figure out why. Last of all, I put on the intake lip after painting and it left a little step on the one side.

Fire away guys!

Aaron

finish1.jpg

finish10.jpg

finish3.jpg

finish16.jpg

finish15.jpg

finish17.jpg

finish2.jpg

finish4.jpg

Here's the build thread http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....=138339&hl=

Edited by strikeeagle801

INDY 500

This is in all fairness the greatest GB on ARC and I came back for my final entry with the best ANG unit in the U.S.(I HATE BRAC!!!!!!). I've been doing a lot of EU Vipers the last couple builds so it was nice to come back to a subject that I enjoy. This build is also going to head South to Terre Haute to them, as soon as I get in touch with Dave; as you see I added decals to the base of what went into it, I tried to find a Dr. Pepper Logo but that is his pod hanging on the cheek. Hope you enjoy

Charles

"INDY 500's Last Flight"

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0010.jpg