1/48 B.A.F. F-16A MLU Tiger Meet 2005

Very nice! If you don't mind my asking, but do you have some pictures of your spray booth? Is that what the F-16 is sitting in? Mine really sucks, but the idea of a fan seems genius...I always seem like a step behind everyone :cheers:

SLICK

Stunning Viper!look forward to seeing her finished,hope mine comes out half as nice when I get round to starting it

Why spray future on the decal sheet and what happens if you don't?

The reason I ask is I have the sheet with approx 10 Belgian specials on it and I dont have a spraygun.

Jon

Edited by strikeeagle48

Yes, it's a carton box with a 12 Volts and 12 centimeters diameter PC fan, very easy to do!

Very nice! If you don't mind my asking, but do you have some pictures of your spray booth? Is that what the F-16 is sitting in? Mine really sucks, but the idea of a fan seems genius...I always seem like a step behind everyone :D

SLICK

Those decals are ALPS printed so the water could dissolve the colors (and the necessary softening solutions too!), however any acrylic gloss coat can work but I assume only with aircrush.

Hope this helps, Simone.

Stunning Viper!look forward to seeing her finished,hope mine comes out half as nice when I get round to starting it

Why spray future on the decal sheet and what happens if you don't?

The reason I ask is I have the sheet with approx 10 Belgian specials on it and I dont have a spraygun.

Jon

Those decals are ALPS printed so the water could dissolve the colors (and the necessary softening solutions too!), however any acrylic gloss coat can work but I assume only with aircrush.

Hope this helps, Simone.

Are you shure? I ve still myself a ALPS printer, never have problems with dissolved decals. One of the advantage of ALPS printed decals is they are water proofed. Just attention is needed if you dont seal the decal, the wax ribbon can be easily removed or scratched with your fingernails. Decal softener (like Microscale) works always perfect without any problems.

@strikeeagle48:

If you dont have a spraygun, you can alway use a paintbrush to seal the decals. I prefer Microscale decal liquid for that.

The directions in the decals sheet say to do so, maybe there are other reasons however the result is perfect.

Are you shure? I ve still myself a ALPS printer, never have problems with dissolved decals. One of the advantage of ALPS printed decals is they are water proofed. Just attention is needed if you dont seal the decal, the wax ribbon can be easily removed or scratched with your fingernails. Decal softener (like Microscale) works always perfect without any problems.

@strikeeagle48:

If you dont have a spraygun, you can alway use a paintbrush to seal the decals. I prefer Microscale decal liquid for that.