Bf 109 Group Build is back on....

Gentlemen,

For the sake of a newbie. How does the group build run?

Thanks.

Heff3

Bascically you just chronicle your build in the particular GB forum. You can provide some historical info if you like, take pictures of the various stages of the build, maybe provide some tips based on your experience with the build etc. It's kind of like a "work in progress" thread built around a theme.

Take a look at one of the current group builds going on to get a feel for what's going on.

There's nothing wrong with the Heller early 109. I have two and both are going to look just fine when built. A little rescribing here and there and some TLC for the cockpit and Bob's your uncle. Would I prefer to see Academy do to it what it did to Heller's P-39? Sure.

No, it's not a bad kit especially for it's age. Personally though, I hate rescribing panel lines and would rather have something on par with the Tamiya or FineMolds 109s.

are the S-199 and Buchon included in the GB?

Yes. ALL versions of the 109 are eligible from the V-1 to the Hispanos. Also no Spitfires with a 109 nose (it is actually a Bf-110 nose).

Remember the group build starts in JANUARY not now.

Sign up, photograph the build, and keep us abreast of it and finally post it when you are done to be eligible for any prizes.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Definitely, we're looking at being pretty "all inclusive". The only requirement will be that your entry should have a historical basis. No "what-if's".

Well crap. There goes my hypothetical US Navy "XFB-1". :banana:

Lynn

I've been waiting for someone to say a what if would be me finishing a model in 6 months...lost your chance guys :taunt:

Well...you know...some things we've learned to take for granted...

:yahoo:

Ken (the dog made me say it)