Saudi Arabian Tornado

Got a Hase Tornado and have thought about doing a Saudi version of it as they are so colorful. I have a Saudi F-15 sheet I can use the decals from, so I am sitting pretty good. But I was wondering if there is a specific RSAF Tornado decal sheet available.

Edited by DutyCat

Afraid I don't know. :huh: Shoot DIEGO of Hi-Deal Line a PM. Maybe he has another copy or knows who still has therm.

EDIT: Ah, I see JeskiM has found some. HERE's a direct link.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Thanks for looking guys, but that is too much coin. Including shipping, 18.40 Euros? Thats $28.60. I need a domestic supplier that will charge me like $15 max. I think I'll stick with my F-15 decals!

Hoi DC

IIRC the F-15 RSAF decals use a lighter green on the roundels than the IDS Tornados use. Also their F-15's have the RSAF title in green and the IDS Tornados have them in black.

later

Ruud

Hoi DC

IIRC the F-15 RSAF decals use a lighter green on the roundels than the IDS Tornados use. Also their F-15's have the RSAF title in green and the IDS Tornados have them in black.

later

Ruud

Just looked at some pics. You are correct. However, if I do it with the F-15 decals, I'll just "what if" pretend otherwise! Better than not doing it all. I ain't payin' no thirty clams for a 1/72 sheet!

I'm looking to do something similar on a 1/48 Tornado, although I'm going to get round a lack of Saudi markings by doing one of the TSP jets from Warton - they have RAF roundels and temporary UK serial numbers, plus I've seen a couple of cool loadouts on them recently:

The first was a clean wings (ie pylons but no tanks, pods or missiles) and a pair of Mk.84 2,000lb bombs under the fuselage.

The second had a TIALD pod and 2 Paveway II (UK) bombs under the fuselage, 2 AIM-9Ls and 2 ALARMs under the wings along with the smaller drop tanks and the usual pods etc. Very cool.

I'm going to get round a lack of Saudi markings by doing one of the TSP jets from Warton - they have RAF roundels and temporary UK serial numbers, plus I've seen a couple of cool loadouts on them recently:

The first was a clean wings (ie pylons but no tanks, pods or missiles) and a pair of Mk.84 2,000lb bombs under the fuselage.

The second had a TIALD pod and 2 Paveway II (UK) bombs under the fuselage, 2 AIM-9Ls and 2 ALARMs under the wings along with the smaller drop tanks and the usual pods etc. Very cool.

Pics please!

I'm looking to do something similar on a 1/48 Tornado, although I'm going to get round a lack of Saudi markings by doing one of the TSP jets from Warton - they have RAF roundels and temporary UK serial numbers, plus I've seen a couple of cool loadouts on them recently:

Or you could get this sheet from Propagteam...

clickme

Edited by Cloggy
Pics please!

The 2x Mk.84s loadout was in Air Forces Monthly a couple of months back. The other loadout I saw in the hangar at Warton so I wasn't able to get a picture, sorry.

If you can't get it anywhere else, let me know and I *think* I might have the Saudi markings from the Carpena sheet in a drawer somewhere. If I do, and you want them, they're yours - I won't charge you anything.

If you can wait a couple of months, I'll dig out a Tornado kit in the stash at my parents place in Norway - I should have some useable Saudi Tornado decals there, though they may have slightly yellowed. If you want them, they're yours.

Jens