"Special Forces Operator Afghanistan".....

Hi all,

I did this figure a year or two ago and thought I'd post it on this forum for anyone interested.I love doing figures of Modern Soldiers, especially Special Forces, but unfortunatetly there just aren't too many around in this scale.

Also, I'm not very happy with the photos, but they will have to do, lighting always makes certain ares look shiny. :thumbsup:

One thing I did forget to add on this fig was the Camelback tube, :worship:

IMG_2296mss.jpg

IMG_2290mmmm.jpg

IMG_2283mmms.jpg

IMG_2275mms.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

Ray, Anthony, Taiidan Tomcat, Joe, and Dave, thanks a lot fellas! :thumbsup:

Nice work Jeff, The figure looks great I wish I could do figures like that :thumbsup:

What types of paints do you use on your figures?

Ray, I normally paint my figures with Humbrol enamels and Winsor and Newton Oils paints, plus some acrylic when needed, but I do all the Shading and Highlighting with Enamels or Oils.

Wow...thats amazing work Jeff B)

Love the shades and the weathering on the M4 :thumbsup:

=Awan

EDIT: Might I ask where you got this kit from? :huh:

Anthony, I got this one from Historex Agents in the U.K., but it is a Verlinden kit, so it should be pretty easy to pick up from most places.

http://www.verlinden-productions.com/vp_ht..._2400/2165.html

Thanks again guys,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler
Great work. One question tough, are the sunglasses matt?

Thanks Mario.

The sunglasses are neither matt nor gloss, more of a semi gloss.I painted them with black oil paint with a dab of white for a bit of a catch light, they probably look a bit matt in the pics.I didn't think real shiny glossy sunglasses would look right on a figure that was depicted in the dusty conditions of Afghanistan.

I had a look at your website and saw the same figure, with a few different modifications, and remembered seeing it on Missing Lynx a while back, and remembered some guy asking the same thing about the Sunglasses on that one, ..........they seem to be a focal point. :thumbsup: .........Mario did a nice job on that, I especially liked the Woodland Camo Jacket. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler
That's why i was asking, because Mario did the same and we asked him about it as well. So i was wondering are there oakley's or something alike that are completely matt. Looks great neverthless

No worries Mario, thanks again. :thumbsup:

BTW, I love your Avatar! :worship:

Jeff.

Paul and Randy, glad you like him guys, thanks very much! :D

Randy, yep, I love doing figures, but just don't get around to doing enough with other projects happening, but they are a great way to have a break from Aircraft and Armour. :D

Cheers,

Jeff.

That's a really good figure! Do you have any tips for those of us who might want to start doing figures?

Thanks a lot Chris!

Sorry for the delayed response,......... for anyone new to figures or would like to try them should check out sites like Planet Figure or Timelines.They have fantastic figure modellers on there that are more than willing to help out newbies at the game from assembly to final finishing.There is a new to figures forum, plus you can post questions in either one of them, its a great starting point for anyone getting into them, or improving their figure modelling.

http://www.planetfigure.com/

http://www.timelinesforum.com/?

Check them out, excellent info on both.There could be others too that I'm not familiar with, as I normally just check out these two, primarily Planet Figure.

Hope this helps out a bit,

Cheers,

Jeff.